This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No GPS Signal

Hey all. I recently got the new Garmin S62 and notice that it takes FOREVER like 10-20mins IF that) to pick up a GPS signal. Not sure if any new owners are having the same issue. I also on the Garman fenix 5x plus. I put both watches side-by-side and the 5X would pick up the GPS signal in seconds. Anyone having the same issue?

• UNUSABLE!!!

I'm sorry but after 3 weeks, workaround etc nothing is changed!

You shold add a new statementet on top of

"Please note: traveling long distances will require your watch to find the new positions and orbits of the GPS satellites so it will take up to 20 minutes again at that new location, the first time."

"when you turn on-off your S62  it will take up to 20 minutes again, the first time.also.

This is crazy, unusable for palying golf (the only option is to play at least 30-40 min at the driving range waiting for the GPS signal) and of all the reamining activities that need a GPS (running, walking etc etc) cannot be used if you have no time to warm outside 30-40min before to start.....

I really suggest GARMIN to introduce "TRY & BUY" formula for next generation devices (600€)

I'm a long time GARMIN customer, 2 Forerunner (220, 620), 4 Fenix (3, 5, 5+, 6), TruSwing, CT10 & 2 Approach (S60, S62)...... I've experimented something similar with FENIX 3 but we are talking about more than 5 years ago and in any case the GPS signal was get in minutes.....here is more than 1/2 hours......

Crazy

• Having the same exact issues as everyone else. GPS still thinks I’m at initial location. Firmware is up to date. Watch has been connected to the course for over an hour. Will update after the round. 

• I got my watch this week and played golf this morning.  I'm having the same problem as everyone else seems to be having.  The watch initially knows where I am, but never updates the yardage after that.  I tried a factory reset of the watch during my round, re-synced my watch to my phone, and tried to track the round from there, but had the same problem.  It knew where I was to start, but never updated.

I double-checked when I got home that I have the latest software on my computer, and the latest firmware on the watch.  Both were the latest.

Does anyone's work?  I can't believe Garmin would release this without better testing.  I've had probably a dozen Garmin devices and none have been anywhere close to this bad.

• I am sorry you are having issues with your new Approach S62. I have sent you a private message to discuss this further with you.

• Last time the issue nearly went away at the end of 9 holes round. Today I took it out the same course almost all the problems went away.  The only problem is that the yardage on some hole is off by like 10 yards and a little bit lagging.  Looks like the unit is learning the satellite  So here is my fix  First you need to reset to factory setting and connect to Garmin Express a couple of times.  When you take it out to course if it does not a response to yardage update, keep exit out the app and reenter while rounding.  Eventually, it will pick up the yardage but lagging a lot.  Then next time you get out again All will be working like normal.  I just don't understand why.  I am sure there is a software glitch that they need to fix soon.

• Same problem here. Got the S62 on 2/11 and took it out today for the first time 2/14.  Acquires satellites pretty quickly but never updates yardage, current hole, or shot distance.  It knows I took a shot as it asks what club I used, but that is all it does.

I rebooted the watch halfway through a par 5 and when it came back up it gave me the correct yardage for where I was on the hole, but then never updated from that point on again.

• What happens is that the watch show you correcly the course where you are, showing that GPS were acquired (and i think in some way is correct) but suddenly it stop working and he starts searching GPS for 30-40min.... that0's the reason way it doesnt show distance ect ect...

Try for example a new activity, walking ..... he starts seraching for GPS and the first time he takes 30-40 min.

So is true that from that point you can play golf because in some way (after 30-40 min) the S62 "learns" how to use the GPS but:

1. if you change course (not really close to the previus one)
    2. switch off the S62 and after some day you'll turn on

You have to start again the "30-40" min of "training" before use it normally.

I'm starting to think this is not a software issue.

M

1. Hi, same problems, I am very disappointed. Does the problem with the GPS have a solution? I used it for the first time today and I am thinking of returning it.

Please what can I do, I never had these problems with my S60. Should I return it? 

• I'm planning to play on a new course very far from me tomorrow. Will let you know the outcome and experience. So far though, it's been much better now. Not really having any GPS signal/accuracy issues. I've ran and golfed several times with it. More to come.

• I have the same problem Cry. I tried my S62 today on the golf course for the first tine. The watch initially gets a 3D fix and shows the right golf course at the start at hole 1, but never updates the yardage or the hole after that.  I tried multiple reboots and a factory reset of the watch during the round, re-synced my watch to the phone. It never updated the yardage later.

The watch has the last firmware so far I know.