This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No GPS Signal

Hey all. I recently got the new Garmin S62 and notice that it takes FOREVER like 10-20mins IF that) to pick up a GPS signal. Not sure if any new owners are having the same issue. I also on the Garman fenix 5x plus. I put both watches side-by-side and the 5X would pick up the GPS signal in seconds. Anyone having the same issue?

• The 2.80 version is referring to the GPS software version and the 2.10 you referred to is the system software. Both are different, but the importance of downloading the 2.80 GPS update is high. Let us know if you have any questions.

Luke

Garmin Outdoor Team

• I have not had chance to use the watch until today but I had updated it to GPS2.80.

I must say, it worked like a dream.  Picked up the GPS quickly and found the course immediately after it got a signal.  Distances were very accurate when compared to my laser rangefinder and only used 20% battery over 18 holes.  The shot tracking was intuitive and the CT10 sensors worked well with the watch although I only have the pack of 3 starter set.

Overall, I was very pleased of the performance of the watch for golf and also as an activity tracker as well.  It seems much snappier than the S60 and the bigger watchface is much easier to read.

I did not use the watch for golf prior to GPS2.80 so I don't know if I would have the same problems as those detailed above but I do know that with GPS2.80 the watch works like a charm.

• I tried it today after the update to gps 2.80 and I can fully agree! Now it works very well.

• Hey all - late update but just wanted to let everyone know my experience. The S62 worked GREAT. connected to GPS within seconds. The GPS signal quickly updated the actual distances. Got the CT10 to compliment the watch. Everything was a great experience. Glad to have picked up the watch.

Chris/Garmin Team - thanks so much for being very responsive to everything. Please let the rest of the Garmin team that we're grateful for their attentiveness and quick turnaround. 

• I have the approach S 62. My satellite works very quickly. Make sure you’re outside and most important make sure you go to Garmin.com and download Garmin express to your computer. Then go into Garmin Express hook The watch up to the computer with this charging cable and download the updates

• I bought my Garmin S62 watch and it was delivered yesterday - same problem as everyone else: it does not pick up my GPSlocation and yardages are frozen. Checked the software and it says “no updates” so must have the latest revision. Very disappointed. I will try another course then send it back. 

• I am sorry you are having GPS acquisition issues. Please install Garmin Express on your computer and fully update your watch. We haven't had any other customer report in 4+ months so your issue is either you are not updated or you have a legitimate hardware issue due to the manufacturing process. If after you are 100% certain you are fully up to date, if you cannot acquire GPS satellite, please return it to the point of purchase.

You are welcome to highlight my name and send me a Private Message for further assistance. Please note, I will not be able to respond until the middle of next week after the 4th of July holiday weekend. (We are closed today for the holiday but I jumped into the forums to assist you.) Have a nice 4th of July holiday weekend!

I am locking this thread since the issue was resolved and the solution is already within this article if on only the very early release software the watch was built on.