This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS 2.80 Update Released - Please Update ASAP

First of all, we want to thank all of our customers and forum users who reported these issues. We sincerely apologize for the frustrations and appreciate everyone’s patience as we worked to resolve this.

We have released a 2.80 GPS update with two specific fixes:

1. Fixed a bug regarding time to first GPS fix 

2. Resolved an issue that prevented yardages from updating during a round of golf

Again, our apologies for the issues related to GPS, and thank you for all information that was communicated to us that helped identify and resolve the bug.

When updating, it is best to use Garmin Express if you have a computer available. If not available, the Golf APP should push the GPS update but it may take longer to arrive.

-Chris

• Thank you Chris

I'm going to update it right now and I'll give to you my first impression tomorrow.

M

• Just to clarify, when you sync with Garmin Express it will still show as Software Version 2.10.  If you select settings on the watch and scroll to System, then About, then SW versions, it will show the software versions for a number of items.  It will be there that you should see GPS Version 2.80 if your device has updated correctly.

• yes, this is the case.

Thank you

• Chris - thank you and your Garmin team for quickly taking action on this matter. Much appreciated. I've updated to the newest GPS update. I'll be testing it out this weekend on the course and will report back. 

Thank you again

Jason

• This morning I had a quick running session and my S62 was able to get the GPS signal in 2 min, not fast as my F6 but honestly a huge improvement compared to its previous behavior.

next week end i shold play golf, I'll keep you update on that also

M

• I have had the watch for 10 days but have not had chance to use it on the course although I had updated it to GPS 2.80 3 days ago.

Went out today and the watch worked like a dream.  Locked on quickly and distances were very accurate when compared to my laser rangefinder.  It only used 20% battery during the 18 holes as well.  Overall really pleased and a big improvement on my previous S60.

• Second round of golf with the watch and again it locked on quickly and distances accurate throughout.  After two rounds of golf I still have 56% battery left which is a big imrovement on the S60.

• Hi, I do not have the option to upgrade the GPS to 2.80. It is not shown in my Garmin Express nor my Golf App. It is showing I have the 2.20 version. How can I upgrade to 2.80? Thanks

• You are good to go as long as Garmin Express states you are up to date for your software and courses. This specific update was a standalone update we pushed 3+ months ago shortly after the Approach S62 was first released.