No GPS Signal

Hey all. I recently got the new Garmin S62 and notice that it takes FOREVER like 10-20mins IF that) to pick up a GPS signal. Not sure if any new owners are having the same issue. I also on the Garman fenix 5x plus. I put both watches side-by-side and the 5X would pick up the GPS signal in seconds. Anyone having the same issue?

Parents
  • so i did some testing of the s62 after my round yesterday.

while at my buddy's house for a super bowl party, i had my watch start a search for nearby golf courses. after about 30 seconds and no activity from the search, i opened the garmin golf app on my phone and then like 3 seconds later it showed nearby courses.

this morning at work in our parking lot i searched nearby golf courses again and after about 10 seconds of no activity, i opened up the garmin golf app and then a couple seconds later it showed nearby golf courses. 

its almost like the s62 needs the garmin golf app opened to find nearby courses.

although in my round yesterday where the gps didnt work for the first 3 hours of my round, the watch did find nearby courses but it just couldnt track me while i was on the course. 

• so i did some testing of the s62 after my round yesterday.

while at my buddy's house for a super bowl party, i had my watch start a search for nearby golf courses. after about 30 seconds and no activity from the search, i opened the garmin golf app on my phone and then like 3 seconds later it showed nearby courses.

this morning at work in our parking lot i searched nearby golf courses again and after about 10 seconds of no activity, i opened up the garmin golf app and then a couple seconds later it showed nearby golf courses. 

its almost like the s62 needs the garmin golf app opened to find nearby courses.

although in my round yesterday where the gps didnt work for the first 3 hours of my round, the watch did find nearby courses but it just couldnt track me while i was on the course. 

Children