No GPS Signal

Hey all. I recently got the new Garmin S62 and notice that it takes FOREVER like 10-20mins IF that) to pick up a GPS signal. Not sure if any new owners are having the same issue. I also on the Garman fenix 5x plus. I put both watches side-by-side and the 5X would pick up the GPS signal in seconds. Anyone having the same issue?

Parents
  • Last time the issue nearly went away at the end of 9 holes round. Today I took it out the same course almost all the problems went away.  The only problem is that the yardage on some hole is off by like 10 yards and a little bit lagging.  Looks like the unit is learning the satellite  So here is my fix  First you need to reset to factory setting and connect to Garmin Express a couple of times.  When you take it out to course if it does not a response to yardage update, keep exit out the app and reenter while rounding.  Eventually, it will pick up the yardage but lagging a lot.  Then next time you get out again All will be working like normal.  I just don't understand why.  I am sure there is a software glitch that they need to fix soon.

• Last time the issue nearly went away at the end of 9 holes round. Today I took it out the same course almost all the problems went away.  The only problem is that the yardage on some hole is off by like 10 yards and a little bit lagging.  Looks like the unit is learning the satellite  So here is my fix  First you need to reset to factory setting and connect to Garmin Express a couple of times.  When you take it out to course if it does not a response to yardage update, keep exit out the app and reenter while rounding.  Eventually, it will pick up the yardage but lagging a lot.  Then next time you get out again All will be working like normal.  I just don't understand why.  I am sure there is a software glitch that they need to fix soon.

Children
No Data