This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No GPS Signal

Hey all. I recently got the new Garmin S62 and notice that it takes FOREVER like 10-20mins IF that) to pick up a GPS signal. Not sure if any new owners are having the same issue. I also on the Garman fenix 5x plus. I put both watches side-by-side and the 5X would pick up the GPS signal in seconds. Anyone having the same issue?

• New Update:

I just played a 9-hole round despite the strong wind here in SoCal today to test out the s62 after all the updates through Garmin Express, factory default, and even went to the extreme of connecting the s62 to a Windows laptop and Macbook with Garmin Express installed to ensure all software updates are in place.  Unfortunately, nothing still works and it's the same problematic symptom of not updating yardage as I walk to the hole after tee shot.  I rebooted the s62 twice and even  checked if the s62 was connected to my iPhone to test if the Wind function will work - and no luck with any of it's promised cool functionalities.  

I'm now contemplating of either exchanging the s62 for a new unit or returning it and stick with my reliable s60 for now while Garmin figure this annoying issue.  I can imagine the reputation damage if somebody posted a vlog on YouTube how problematic this smartwatch is... not good for marketing this new Golf GPS Watch.  Ouch!

• My experience after the 3rd try doing this process it worked finally at the course when I turned off my iPhone bluetooth when I tried acquiring the satellite both from my back yard and at the course.  Hopefully this sequence is not going to be the norm when I play every time at the course - but it fixed my issues after multiple troubleshooting.

• I am having same issues as others.  did all the updates reset lock onto satellite and the watch seems to pick up satellite but yardage for golf is frozen  hoping to hear a solution or get an update from garmin

• If after updating your watch using (preferably) Garmin Express on your computer or the Golf APP on your smartphone (if you have no computer available) please try a Reset within your Approach S62 by going to Settings > System > Reset > Reset Default Settings.

After these troubleshooting steps, if you continue to have issues with the yardage not properly updating or any GPS fix and acquisition related issues, please Private Message me.

• I've had all the same problems and did everything above.  Now after I've reset, it won't pair to my phone again.  Should I send back and wait until Garmin makes ones that work?  I have S60 and Marq Aviator and both work perfect

• I was able to pair it again with my Iphone, but all the other problems still persist

• Hello again,

Wanted to give a further update on the GPS issues. After doing the process recommended and also going through adding the watch once again to connect/golf apps, my S62 seems to be functioning normally. If your having trouble re-adding the watch to the app delete any current "record" you have of it on both apps, log out then back in, then try to add  it then. After I got this back into the apps I have had no issues with acquiring time or slow adjustment of yardage while moving around. This has been the case so far at courses 2 states from each other. Hope others are getting their issues solved as well! 

• Hi All.  I received a replacement device s62 from Garmin 2 days ago.  Same exact problems. No yardage pick up after each shot.  I reset it a couple of times and updated with Garmin Express   Took it out yesterday for 9 holes.  Yardage beginning to be picking up only after like 2 holes but it was way off 10 - 20 yards  After more holes it was picking up yardage more quickly but still off  At the end of 9 holes it picked up yardage little better  But the yardage is constantly moving around not like Approach s20 or other devices.  It needs to be fixed at a fixed position instead of constantly moving around  If it's within 2 or 3 yards OK but like 5 to 10 or even more fluctuating fast.  My question is this device keeps learning and eventually getting better or is this it?  At this point, I really don't care about other functions I just need to get this yardage to get accurate and fixed without moving around.  Does anyone have the same problems?

• im curious, have you tried it on other courses yet? i am pretty much having the same issue. on my 2nd watch also. ive only had a chance to play my home course with each one but i have had the same issue each time now on my home course where it doesnt track the yardage until about 45 minutes into the round. i am playing this weekend at some other courses and will be interested to see if i have the same experience or not.

• I am sorry there are issues with your 2nd Approach S62. We have had enough reports of this issue taking place that our engineers are looking into it and working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. If you notice it to be course specific, please update this thread or send me a direct Private Message. Thus far, there has not been a specific course pattern and almost all Approach S62 owners have had the issue either go away or it never took place on their new watch.