Complete
over 4 years ago

WERETECH-8014, MODUS-3374

vivoactive 3 phoneConnected always true

Seems that as a result a recent firmware update to the vivoactive 3 the Sys.getDeviceSettings().phoneConnected as well as settings.connectionInfo[:bluetooth].state always return true/CONNECTION_STATE_CONNECTED regardless if the phone is connected or not.  These calls have been working fine for many months.  Is there a new process for getting connection state?

• Exactly the same issue here. After restarting my watch, connection status is displayed correctly, but after a few minutes connection status is on even if phone is not connected. I hope this gets fixed soon Disappointed

• A user just reported this problem for one of my watchfaces too.

• I have the same issue with my VA3. Somehow it seems to find a proper connection status when restarting the VA3, but it goes wrong as soon as a connection is again made. It is also not a question of watch faces, as changing the watch face does not make a difference.

Preconditions:

> My Connect app works on Android

> Bluetooth of VA3 is always on

> Bluetooth of phone is on and Connect app can synchronize with VA3

> Connection status symbol of my watch face is ON

Workflow:

> I turn off the bluetooth of my phone

> Connection status symbol of my watch face remains ON (no change of status, even after hours/days)

> Alternative workflow

Alternative workflow 1:

> I turn off my VA3 and turn it back on

> Connection status symbol of my watch face is OFF

> I turn on the bluetooth of phone (Connect app can synchronize again)

> Connection status symbol of my watch face is ON

> I turn off the bluetooth of my phone

> Connection status symbol of my watch face remains ON

Alternative workflow 2:

> I change to another watchface, also with a connection status symbol

> Connection status symbol of my other watch face also remains ON

• FYI: After turning off the watch and restarting, it started showing the correct connection status on the watch face.  Cycling the phone BT off/on was being reflected correctly on the watch face.  However, later it was back to only showing always connected even when the phone was well out of BT range.  Restarting the watch restored functionality.  

Keep in mind, the controls menu phone connection status is always working even when the watch face connection status is inop.

• This is an Android platform.  The exact SDK is 3.1.3 (also tried 3.1.4).  I cannot revert back to SDK 3.0.x because my Eclipse Connect IQ IDE version is 3.1.3 and does not seem to be backward compatible with 3.0.x SDK (the manifest.xml will not parse).  BTW the built-in VA3 watch faces do correctly show the connection status.  Do you have the exact code snip of how those are coded?