Complete
over 2 years ago

WERETECH-9595

Cannot Reproduce

Edge 1030plus makeImageRequest blue hue while activity is recording

I have had two reports from users of the Edge 1030 Plus that when they run my weather radar widget on their device, the image is displayed with a blue hue over the image.  One user has tracked down the issue only occurs when the device is actively recording a ride and provided these two pictures.  Both users appear to be on FW version 2.30.  So I don't know if this was fixed with version 3.0 or if this is something going on with the image processing server/GCM.  See the pictures.  I know I don't check for a running activity in my code and I only request and display the image as provided by the radar source, so I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this.

Activity not started (looks fine).

Activity being recorded (timer running)

• It appears that Android GCM 4.40 fixed this issue.

• Travis here is the latest I have from the user.

Edge 1030 Plus (v3.14)
    Pixel 2XL
    GCM 4.37.1

I sent him a build of the animation test app I wrote which downloaded and displayed in rotation 3 images.  In his case the images were all overlayed in blue also.  I have also send everything in an email to the ConnectIQ email address. 

If not for the fact it works over WiFi, I would suspect there could be something going on with the device.

• I got another tester to try to independently reproduce, and he had no luck. He tested with an edge1030plus (v3.17), with GCM (v4.37) and CIQ Store (v2.4) apps on a Google Pixel 4A.

Do we have any more information that may help to reproduce here? i.e., firmware version on the device, GCM/CIQ app versions, and mobile device details?

• The test group confirms that they tested the following scenarios with "the users test app" and were not able to reproduce:

1. with wifi disabled on the edge; connected to mobile over BT/BLE
    2. with an activity recording in progress; connected to mobile over BT/BLE

Let me see if there are some other strings I can pull to get another reproduction attempt.

• We did have a partial misunderstanding, but thanks for clarifying.  You got the app.  Here is a static snapshot of the settings used to request the images in my widget for the Edge 1030 plus.  As you can see, on the Edge devices I don't use any palette options.  

imgurl = ciq.sabeard.net/.../rainviewer.php;
    imgparam= {lat=>38.852069, scwidth=>282, scheight=>419, zlevel=>9, lon=>-94.804038, tsoffset=>0};
    imgopt= null;

Comm.makeImageRequest(imgurl, imgparam, imgopt, method(:onReceiveImage));

While not the full app code, hopefully this will give you a better way to look into how I am using the makeImageRequest.  Let me know if you need more info.