Run Power: Data Field

A single run field...with power.

Works with standard power meters, including running pods such as Stryd. [Garmin Running Power not supported.]

Supported devices
- All Garmin Connect IQ watches except Epix

Get Run Power from the app store: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a054f515-576a-4a28-b8e5-87987ba737e1

Full Manual
Everything you need to know and all the latest info will always be here:
https://github.com/flowstatedev/ciq-runpower/wiki

Please use this thread for questions, comments and suggestions. I'd love to hear whether this field is useful and how it can be improved!

Features:

• Power Zones
    • All watches support 5 zones
    • Most watches support up to 10 zones
    • Customize zone names
  • Power Alerts
    • Lap Power Alerts
    • Structured Workout Power Alerts (not 735XT / VAHR / Approach S60)
    • Custom Power Alerts (high/low)
    • Zone-based Power Alerts
  • Color-coded Power/HR/Cadence (optional)
  • Custom colors for Power
  • 6 fields
  • Literally 100s of metrics to choose from, especially variations on power (and normalized power)
    • Easily select metrics by choosing phrases from 3 short lists. e.g. "Lap", "Maximum", "Power"
  • Define custom metrics with formula like "Power/HR"
  • Optionally records power to activity FIT file:
    • Graph
    • Lap Average and Maximum
    • Activity Average and Maximum
  • Filters abnormally high power values [above 2000] to get around Garmin firmware bug which messes up your power stats

Feature support varies by device. For more information:
https://github.com/flowstatedev/ciq-runpower/wiki/Features

Available Metrics:

Any meaningful combo of:

• Overall [current/total], Lap, Last Lap
  • Average, Minimum, Maximum, 3/10/30 second average, or none of the above
  • The following "base metrics":
    • Time, Distance, Pace, Power, Power Zone, Efficiency Index, Efficiency Factor, Power/HR, Running Effectiveness, Speed, Cadence, Heart Rate
    • Calories, Elevation, Ascent, Descent
    • HR Zone, HR %Max, HRR%, %FTP
    • Normalized Power, Normalized Power Zone, Intensity Factor

For example, if you're interested in power, you've got:
Current Power, Average Power, Minimum Power, Maximum Power, and 3s/10s/30s Power
Lap / Last Lap: Avg, Min, and Max Power

Full Change History: forums.garmin.com/.../51997

• I just started running with RunPower. I have a Garmin 645 Music and a Stryd.

Yesterday I installed RunPower and RunPower (B), I both activated them to a screen (data field) and started a run.

On my RunPower (B) screen (data field), I did saw my power.

On my RunPower screen (data field), I did not saw my power. Instead of that a saw a small text with: ANT busy.

Is it not possible to display power on two screens (data fields)?

I did put my ant number in the settings of RunPower and RunPower (B).

• Hi, so far this seems like a nice app. Thank you for making it. I'm having trouble naming power zones. Could you give me an example of exactly what I would need to type to name my power zones 1, 2, MP, 3, 4, 5. When I try to put them in with commas or spaces, it says "Only letters and numbers are allowed".

Thank you.

• Use garmin connect app instead of Garmin IQ app

• I think this is an issue with the Connect IQ app. Can you please try using the Garmin Connect app or Garmin Express (Mac/PC) to configure Run Power?

• Hello, thank you for great app!

I have FR245M and I'm using layout 6 Field C. Unfortunately metrics 5 and 6 in the bottom row are very large. Is there any solution to this?
    Thank you very much!

• Hi, 

is there a way to backup all settings of RunPower and RunPower (B)

??

• Any chance to add support for Fenix 6X?

Thank you

• Great DF, like Lap+ !

I recently started using a Stryd so this DF is a must. I'm still transitioning from "pace based" running so I have "3s Pace" and "Lap Pace" and I'm generally (maybe 90% of the time) seeing "3s Pace" slower than "Lap Pace" which is a bit puzzling. Actually I hadn't noticed that at first but I changed the calibration to 0.98 to get better distance (I use the Stryd for distance too) the other day and that's when I started noticing this

Is it possible the calibration could be interfering with one of the calculations ?

• please inform us when ready, so we unleash the purchase :-P Stuck out tongue winking eye

• You could connect your watch to a PC/Mac with the USB cable and copy the entire GARMIN/APPS/ folder, which also contains settings. Unfortunately the apps and setting files are named with cryptic strings of letters and numbers which aren't fixed, but it is possible to figure out which app is Run Power if you open the files in a text editor.

Unfortunately you can't really convert the settings to a human-readable format if that's what you were looking for.

However, this technique is good enough for backing up and restoring all your CIQ apps and settings.