Run Power: Data Field

A single run field...with power.

Works with standard power meters, including running pods such as Stryd. [Garmin Running Power not supported.]

Supported devices
- All Garmin Connect IQ watches except Epix

Get Run Power from the app store: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a054f515-576a-4a28-b8e5-87987ba737e1

Full Manual
Everything you need to know and all the latest info will always be here:
https://github.com/flowstatedev/ciq-runpower/wiki

Please use this thread for questions, comments and suggestions. I'd love to hear whether this field is useful and how it can be improved!

Features:

• Power Zones
    • All watches support 5 zones
    • Most watches support up to 10 zones
    • Customize zone names
  • Power Alerts
    • Lap Power Alerts
    • Structured Workout Power Alerts (not 735XT / VAHR / Approach S60)
    • Custom Power Alerts (high/low)
    • Zone-based Power Alerts
  • Color-coded Power/HR/Cadence (optional)
  • Custom colors for Power
  • 6 fields
  • Literally 100s of metrics to choose from, especially variations on power (and normalized power)
    • Easily select metrics by choosing phrases from 3 short lists. e.g. "Lap", "Maximum", "Power"
  • Define custom metrics with formula like "Power/HR"
  • Optionally records power to activity FIT file:
    • Graph
    • Lap Average and Maximum
    • Activity Average and Maximum
  • Filters abnormally high power values [above 2000] to get around Garmin firmware bug which messes up your power stats

Feature support varies by device. For more information:
https://github.com/flowstatedev/ciq-runpower/wiki/Features

Available Metrics:

Any meaningful combo of:

• Overall [current/total], Lap, Last Lap
  • Average, Minimum, Maximum, 3/10/30 second average, or none of the above
  • The following "base metrics":
    • Time, Distance, Pace, Power, Power Zone, Efficiency Index, Efficiency Factor, Power/HR, Running Effectiveness, Speed, Cadence, Heart Rate
    • Calories, Elevation, Ascent, Descent
    • HR Zone, HR %Max, HRR%, %FTP
    • Normalized Power, Normalized Power Zone, Intensity Factor

For example, if you're interested in power, you've got:
Current Power, Average Power, Minimum Power, Maximum Power, and 3s/10s/30s Power
Lap / Last Lap: Avg, Min, and Max Power

Full Change History: forums.garmin.com/.../51997

• kdelios you need to explicitly calculate and record a lap value yourself. Neither Run Power nor GC will do so for you. Note that lap values can either be an average (e.g. lap HR) or a total (e.g. lap time), which affects how you calculate them.

For any formula X where the “lap value” is the “lap average” (which covers almost everything except time, distance, calories, elevation and pace/speed *), use the following formula to record X to both the lap data and the activity graph:

recordlap(lapavg(X)) ; X

(*) Lap pace/speed is an average, but it’s better calculated as lap distance / lap time rather than averaging speed every second. For “lap total” metrics such as time and distance, you can use X - lapstart(X) in place of lapavg(X)
  • FlowState thank you for your reply.
    I enter the following formula:

recordlap(lapavg(speed_raw / (power / userweight_raw))) ; (speed_raw / (power / userweight_raw))

But I am getting !Name instead of some numeric value. (I am trying to record lap RE at GC lap screen).
    What I am doing wrong?
  • kdelios Not sure what it could be. I pasted exactly what you posted above into the formula validator (https://ciq-appbuilder.blogspot.com/p/5plus.html) and the simulator (Fenix 5X) and I didn't get an error.
  • FlowState it is quite strange indeed. The formula was copied directly from app settings. I made sure that no spaces at start and/or formula end. !Name was the result.
    Then I copied the formula at the link you provided, and calculate the code. Then I pasted the code at app settings, and it worked. The numeric value was displayed at watch screen, graph recorded at GC, and also lap average values at lap page.
  • Reposting some info that was lost in the forum migration:

A user asked about displaying "required pace" -- e.g. pace needed to finish a marathon in a certain time. I replied:

If distance units on watch are set to km:
    (42.195 - Distance) / (T - Timer) * 3600

If distance units on watch are set to miles:
    (26.2188 - Distance) / (T - Timer) * 3600

T is your target time in seconds. e.g. 3 hours, 5 minutes and 30 seconds = (3 * 3600 + 5 * 60 + 30)

See this post for explanation: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/deve...77#post1463277

Also, it's not possible to show Lap Time Left in workout mode, because CIQ apps don't have access to workout info (other than getting a notification on the end of each workout step / lap.)

• After several tries I can now confirm:

RunPower on Fenix5plus shows Power ONLY IF Stryd is connected as a FP AND disconnected as PWR meter

•  Should I put "Lap" " .."  "Code" in the 3 dropdown boxes or "..." "..." "Code" ?
    I want Lap RE to see in one field and in Garmin Connect Laps afterwards

• I leave here an idea that could perhaps lead to automatic Workout build with Power Warnings.
    This is the screenshot and the file that I get from FinalSurge (free).
    Perhaps you can strip it to get the string...

2019-04-18-running-6x3min103105FTP.zip

• The latter: "..." "..." "Custom Metric A/B"

In general it's better not to mix any of the first two drop-downs with the the custom metrics (formulas), although it would work in some cases. 

To record and display lap RE you would use the following formula:

recordlap(lapavg(speed_raw / (power / (userweight_raw / 1000))))

The general form for lap averages is:

recordlap(lapavg(X))

Lap total (e.g. distance, time, calories) would be:

recordlap(X - lapstart(X))

Lap pace/speed (a special case) would be:

recordlap((distance - lapstart(distance)) / (timer - lapstart(timer)))

• I'm not sure how that's possible, unless you are entering the ANT+ ID in the app. Again, the best way to do things is to leave the ANT+ ID blank and connect natively as a power meter, for watches that support native power. That is also (currently) the only way to use Power in a custom formula.....

Let me know if that works for you.