Data Field: GRun

Forum for GRun Data Field:
GRun: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/bf56e088-aefe-4fb4-8f16-b2e136b996a9
GRun More: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/63cba559-b7a2-446a-afa1-51a4680f88e1

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Feel free to ask and remember the code is open source, so feel also free to contribute.
https://github.com/gcormier9/GRun
  • Hello GCorm,

Great to hear from you again!

I updated GRun to version 1.27 and set the Row Height Ratio to 3,6,5,3,5 which looked very nice. However, when I went for a test run, I have found an issue with HR value in the bottom row. When HR has 2 digits, it looks OK but when it changes to 3-digit value, the digits scale down too much so that the number is hardly readable when running (see the photos, I have Fenix 6x Sapphire)

Would it be possible not to scale down at all or not so aggressively (for HR in line 5 only)? I would not mind if the digits for HR value get cut partiallly at the bottom - this was the case for version 1.26 and it looked good as the diggits were bigger and more readable. If I remember correctly, the HR diggits did not scale down in version 1.26. And also, if you compare line 5 to line 1 - the space in line 1 is used much better than for line 5.

I will also experiment with higher ratio for line 5, but anyway there will be too much blank space around the diggits of line 5 and the lines above will get smaller.

BTW: I also like the HH:MM format of time! I did not percieve the previous format as an issue, but now it is better - I don't have to think what 18h45 means ;)

Thanks a lot!

• Hi ,

Can you try setting Row Height Ratio to 3,5,5,5,5 instead?

Using the simulator, it looks better :

• Yes you are right, this looks better in reality as well:

Thanks for quick response, I will use this setting (maybe make HR even a bit bigger - I will see how it will work for running).

Anyway, it is awesome, the GRun datafield is so much configurable!

• Hello again, I went for another test run, the 3,5,4,6,6 setting works quite well for running even with 3-digit HR. I only wish that the 3-digit HR would have a bit thicker font. It is still quite thin and it could be a bit bigger as well - I would not mind partially cut digit from the bottom right. When I was experimenting with different ratios I noticed that often the space for HR increases but the digits do not use the increased space fully (I think it would be better to use more aggressive scaling on font size when space is increased for line 5). But this is just a minor issue - I can find a setting which is readable and looks nice.

Anyway, many thanks for the greatest datafield for running and cycling for Garmin Fenix!

• I use a 645 (non-music), which is a non-high memory device. I would like to have average speed/pace (last X sec), unfortunately it is not available for my device. Is it possible to add this to non-high memory devices? Many other data fields have this feature, which I think is important as instantaneous speed/pace fluctuates too much. Of course I don't want to use those other data fields as GRun is simply the best.

• Hi @reflecx,

Unfortunately, I am already using all availablable memory for a datafield on the 645. There is not enough memory to add this feature. I'll have to remove some features to add this one, which I am not willing to do.

Sorry

GCorm

• Hi, thanks for this great datafield, for me one of the best.

I've a problem with Header Height. During the configuration, also leaving all the default values unchanged, I get an error message near the Header Height (%) field "It cannot be greater than zero". I attach you a screenshot.

To proceed I must necessarily set the value to zero, not being able to see the headers

I've a Forerunner 645 Music.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks in advice!

Massimo

• Hi ,

This is a strange issue. I will open a bug with Garmin to try to understand what is going on. What application do you use for the configuration? Are you on computer or mobile phone? Mac/PC, Android/Apple ?

Thanks,
    GCorm

• Hi GCom. I'm using a MacBook Air (13Inch, Mid 2013), OS High Sierra 10.13.6. For the configuration I have Garmin Express 6.14.00.

Hope this help!

Thanks,

Massimo

• Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago

Thanks, this is great! Would it be possible to set a target cadence, like the target pace (and color them in, too)? Sometimes (at least, so I'm told by my garmin coach :) ) it's good to train to cadence.