Data Field: GRun

Forum for GRun Data Field:
GRun: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/bf56e088-aefe-4fb4-8f16-b2e136b996a9
GRun More: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/63cba559-b7a2-446a-afa1-51a4680f88e1

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Feel free to ask and remember the code is open source, so feel also free to contribute.
https://github.com/gcormier9/GRun
  • Hello GCorm!

Thank you very much for very quick update! I updated the datafield and went for a test run today. All improvements work great:

- grey background for zone 1 is there and works as expected

- black foreground for zones 1 - 4 looks very nice and readability is perfect! Zone 5 with white foreground looks also nice and is perfectly readable.

I really like it a lot! Now there is no reason for me to use any other datafield for running an cycling, everything I need is covered with GRun and GRunMore.

I do not want to bother you again, so feel free to ignore this additional comment, but there is one more thing which could be improved. This is my setup for running:

As you can see, the position of the digits in combined line 4+5 is not correct vertically - the digits are too stuck to the top. I think the split between space for line 3 and combined lines 4+5 could be moved several pixels higher, maybe just 1 or 2 pixels (there is more space bellow the digits of line 3 than above them. Note: it is not possible to move the digits of line 4+5 lower, because they would not fit with 3-digit HR value at the bottom right corner, especially with digit 8 at the end - so therefore it would be better to increase space for combined lines 4+5 at the top of the field. I also would not make the digits smaller, I like as big digits as possible).

Thanks a lot!

• Good feedback again. For the moment, I do not want to resize lines, cause it's the same ratio for all devices. However, I've been thinking for a long time of adding a parameter allowing the user to customize the row height. Something similar to "Column Width Ratio", but for rows... If I got some free time, I'll try to add it...

• I have tried many data fields since purchasing my FR245(M) a month ago and yours is by far the best I have installed. Really love the amount of control you have over the display configuration, header size, column width, background & foreground colours etc. 

Like someone else has suggested, it would be great if you could customise the individual row height - personally I would like to be able to make rows 4 and 5 smaller...

One other small niggle for me is the way you display the current time with an 'h' in between the hours and minutes. I would much prefer the time to be displayed as e.g. '21:13' rather than '21h13'.

Finally, have you considered releasing a data field for cycling as well with field options for speed / average speed etc?

• Hi ,

I'm currently working to have row height configurable. I'll try to release a new version in a week or 2. In regards to the time, I added a 'h' to differenciate with timer. Would you prefer having timer and time displayed using the same format?

Regards,
    GCorm

• Yes that would be great. I don't think it would ever really cause confusion with the timer.

If you have no plans to release a separate cycling data field, would you consider adding an option to display speed and average speed in units of your choice - my watch is set to metric units but I would like speed/average speed only to be displayed as miles/h instead of km/h. Is this possible?

• Hi Tom,

I will probably not be able to add an option for this. I'd like too, but I am very limited with memory usage and can't add much options.

Sorry

• Hello GCorm!

Since my last request to have a second copy of your awesome and amazing clear (read: easy to read with not awesome eyes) data field, I've not seen anything better for my needs. Is there any possibility of having another one? I find that I have specific metrics for road running, different ones for trail running, then even different ones for hiking.

Thanks!

• Hi ,

Do you mean a third one? You know that currently there is "GRun" and "GRun More"?

Regards,

Guillaume

• Hi GCorm,

I do know there's the second one, GRun More. That was me who requested it two years ago. Still using both and find myself needing, well, wanting a third. It's just so darned clean and no-nonsense that I would like it to be my one data field for hiking, trail running and road running...different metrics for each, thus the need for three setups.

Thanks!

• Hi and ,

Just to let you know I just released version 1.27 which now allow to configure row height.

Regards,

GCorm