Data Field: GRun

Forum for GRun Data Field:
GRun: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/bf56e088-aefe-4fb4-8f16-b2e136b996a9
GRun More: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/63cba559-b7a2-446a-afa1-51a4680f88e1

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Feel free to ask and remember the code is open source, so feel also free to contribute.
https://github.com/gcormier9/GRun
  • Really nice data field. Awesome that everything can be configured to my needs. However, since it's only configurable via the app, and only one instance, it limits use to a specific activity. Meaning, I want different metrics for hiking vs. trail running.

Would it be possible for you to have a GRun and GRun 2, or something similar? I'd love to have one setup for GRun hiking, GRun running, and GRun trail running. Each one of those, I use different metrics.

Thanks!
  • Hi ChevronLugs,

I was actually thinking the same. I'll publish a "GRun 2" next week and I will send you the link once available. Garmin usually takes couple of days to review and accept a new datafield.

Thanks!
  • This is the only data field app I've found so far that allows users to configure every field content and size. The only thing that is preventing me from using it is the lack of Lap Pace which is important for intervals and long runs where I don't want to include warmups I am guessing it's native since I can add it as one of the fields to the Garmin data screen. A nice to have feature would to be an option to hide all headers. If I use the same screen everyday, I can memorize the fields and would prefer to have bigger areas allocated for data display. Thanks.
  • This is the only data field app I've found so far that allows users to configure every field content and size. The only thing that is preventing me from using it is the lack of Lap Pace which is important for intervals and long runs where I don't want to include warmups I am guessing it's native since I can add it as one of the fields to the Garmin data screen. A nice to have feature would to be an option to hide all headers. If I use the same screen everyday, I can memorize the fields and would prefer to have bigger areas allocated for data display. Thanks.

I second this, I need lap pace!

The other suggestion of removing all headers would also be a great option, but lap pace first for me.

Thanks
  • I just pushed version 1.14 with support for Lap Time, Lap Distance and Lap Pace. I'll have a look later about removing headers.
  • Hi Cetacea99,

I have been looking at the "Hide headers" functionality, but I don't like it much. Here's a screenshot of what it look. Is it what you had in mind?

Thanks,
    GCormcommunity.garmin.com/.../1435364.png
  • First of all, thanks for being so responsive. I went out for a run with version 1.14 on my watch and Holy Cow lap pace worked! I'm a hobby runner so this app fits my needs 99% of the time. I might use a race screen when I participate in a 10K or half marathon once or twice a year.

Now onto nice-to-have features:

1. The option to hide headers only makes sense if you can increase the font size to take advantage of the extra space. If that is too difficult to do, just leave the headers in. The data screen I used most often prior to yours was OneRunData. Even though the fonts are bigger, lap pace doesn't work in that app.

2. Current pace and lap pace are the fields I check most often during my runs and I prefer to have them remain as default colors most of the time, i.e. either black on white or white on black depending on the watch setting. Red, green, or blue are harder to see in dim light. One thing that confused me a bit on my first run was your color scheme which is the opposite of what's used in Garmin native training apps (red too fast, blue too slow.) So my preferred color scheme would be: red = too fast, blue = too slow, and no color change = you are in the zone.

Again these are just nice-to-have features. I'm happy use your app as it is.
  • Hi all,
    I agree with previous messages, this is a really nice datafield. And I like to use it.

+1 with Cretacea99 about the color scheme, as I am also used to Garmin usual colors, so it is a bit confusing. Not a big issue, but it is just matter of comfort.

I would like to ask about the possibility to use 'Training effect' in the metrics, I don't know if this can be added. I have used this value in a datafield and liked it. If this can be added in an update, that would be nice.

Anyway, another big thanks for this nice datafield.
  • I downloaded the GRun   How do I get it to work?