Data Field: All In One

The data field All In One integrates the logic of several of my data fields into 1 data field and gets the absolute maximum out of the available watch memory.

Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/6dec42e9-7fee-402b-95a4-a111e83d45e3

The functionalities which are available depend on the memory that is available on your watch for data fields. Because of memory limitations I also had to make some concessions towards configurability in favor of integrating more logic.

Connect IQ 1 devices (FR230, FR235, FR630, Vivoactive, Fenix3 (hr), D2Bravo (titanium), tactix Bravo, Quatix 3)

• 5 customizable fields with 20 possible field options
  • ability to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (fixed value per zone, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (only enough memory to provide the choice between always on or always off)

Connect IQ 2 devices (Fr735xt, Fenix 5, Fenix 5s, Fenix Chronos, Fr935, FR645, Vivoactive 3, Vivoactive Hr, Approach S60) :

• 5 customizable fields with 25 possible field options
  • abiltity to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • abitlity to record metrics to fit file (defaults to off. When on the following metrics are recorded in the activity summary: fat burned, carbs burned, activity steps)
  • allow to change settings while field active
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (always interpolation method, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Eat! Drink! Reminder! (up to 3 configurable alarms)
  • Integration of Data Field: Back To Start
  • Integration of Data Field: Elevation Grade (grade in percent, elevation grade not available on non barometric devices)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (not enough memory to calculate sunset/sunrise, but instead you can opt to turn on the light before/after a certain reference hour)
  • Integration of Data Field: Steps Carousel (carousel of activity steps / goal completed percentage)

Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory (Fenix5x, D2Charlie, Descent Mk1):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices specified above
  • Configurable Fat Burner
  • Extra graph for fat burned / carbs burned over the course of the activity (in addition to the value in the summary) so you can analyse after your activity where you burned most fat
  • Let There Be Light Setting allows to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise

Big Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory or more (Edge 820, Oregon 7, Rino 7, Edge 1000, Edge 1030):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory specified above
  • Option to show Background image
  • Thanks a lot Peter !! I have a Fenix 5x. I think it is a iq 2 device. Right ?

Guillaume
  • Yes. Fenix 5x is Connect IQ 2. To be more precise Connect IQ 2 with 128Kb so you'll even have the extra features (I've just updated the first post with the features on a per device level: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/developers/connect-iq/connect-iq-showcase/1304753-data-field-all-in-one#post1304753 )
  • Hello Peter,

Thanks a lot for this usefull datafield. One thing is missing for me : Average HR. Is it possible to add it in confirable fileds ?
    Thanks a lot !
    Guillaume

I would also like average HR (I have a 935) :cool:
    One question about live HR : when I configure bottom field to display it, there is no color used to indicate zone. Is it a bug or a feature?
  • I would also like average HR (I have a 935)

I'll see what I can do, but I'm not making any promises as I'm pretty much out of memory on "normal" Connect IQ 2 devices (memory peaks at 28.2k out of 28.7k available)

One question about live HR : when I configure bottom field to display it, there is no color used to indicate zone. Is it a bug or a feature?

it's both... the top and bottom field use a different draw routine than the other fields mostly because of the other position needed to place potential graphics such as the back to start arrow.... I'll see if I can add the coloring but also here this has an impact on memory (every line of code consumes memory in connect iq), so potentially this will be only a feature that I can make available on Connect IQ devices that have 128k memory such as the Fenix5x...
  • Thank you for your answers :)
    I cross the fingers and hope your development will be ok.
  • I added avg hr in my development version, but I'm running into out of memory issues on the 935... so the feature list for both Connect Iq 1 and Connect Iq 2 devices will be pretty final as it is now.... I will only be able to add features to devices that have more memory available (f5x, descent mk1, d2 charlie, oregon and most edges)
  • So bad :(
    BTW thank you for trying. I guess that if you phase out some other stuff it would be ok, but you would then have to deal with other (unhappy) users of these data you would have abandoned...
  • I added avg hr in my development version, but I'm running into out of memory issues on the 935... so the feature list for both Connect Iq 1 and Connect Iq 2 devices will be pretty final as it is now.... I will only be able to add features to devices that have more memory available (f5x, descent mk1, d2 charlie, oregon and most edges)

Did you have time to (try to) modify the layout in order to have colored HRM if data is used at the top or at the bottom of the screen Peter ?
  • I've looked yes, but also got out of mem errors there.

with current features all on I'm extremely tight to running out, peak mem of 28.6k out of a possible 28.7k:
  • Would it then be possible, if not using alerts for instance (that's my case :o) to free memory by not loading the option, and then have AVG HR, colored up and down fields, or other functionalities? Sorry if I bother you, I know I know I am an ardent user :rolleyes: