Data Field: All In One

The data field All In One integrates the logic of several of my data fields into 1 data field and gets the absolute maximum out of the available watch memory.

Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/6dec42e9-7fee-402b-95a4-a111e83d45e3

The functionalities which are available depend on the memory that is available on your watch for data fields. Because of memory limitations I also had to make some concessions towards configurability in favor of integrating more logic.

Connect IQ 1 devices (FR230, FR235, FR630, Vivoactive, Fenix3 (hr), D2Bravo (titanium), tactix Bravo, Quatix 3)

• 5 customizable fields with 20 possible field options
  • ability to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (fixed value per zone, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (only enough memory to provide the choice between always on or always off)

Connect IQ 2 devices (Fr735xt, Fenix 5, Fenix 5s, Fenix Chronos, Fr935, FR645, Vivoactive 3, Vivoactive Hr, Approach S60) :

• 5 customizable fields with 25 possible field options
  • abiltity to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • abitlity to record metrics to fit file (defaults to off. When on the following metrics are recorded in the activity summary: fat burned, carbs burned, activity steps)
  • allow to change settings while field active
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (always interpolation method, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Eat! Drink! Reminder! (up to 3 configurable alarms)
  • Integration of Data Field: Back To Start
  • Integration of Data Field: Elevation Grade (grade in percent, elevation grade not available on non barometric devices)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (not enough memory to calculate sunset/sunrise, but instead you can opt to turn on the light before/after a certain reference hour)
  • Integration of Data Field: Steps Carousel (carousel of activity steps / goal completed percentage)

Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory (Fenix5x, D2Charlie, Descent Mk1):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices specified above
  • Configurable Fat Burner
  • Extra graph for fat burned / carbs burned over the course of the activity (in addition to the value in the summary) so you can analyse after your activity where you burned most fat
  • Let There Be Light Setting allows to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise

Big Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory or more (Edge 820, Oregon 7, Rino 7, Edge 1000, Edge 1030):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory specified above
  • Option to show Background image
  • sadly it's a little off to the right

• Is this the regular instinct 2 or the instinct 2 s?

Does it remain the same when you press start?

• it's the regular Instinct 2 Solar and it stays like that after activity started

• Hi. Since 2 weeks I do not see the datafield all in One anymore in mij Garmin Vivoactive 3. In Connect IQ it is downloaded to my watch but on my watch I can not select it when I go to run -> settings -> 1 field. What goes wrong? Best Frank

• your sport profile might be corrupted, on some watches you can reset the sport profile, on other watches you have to completely reset to factory settings for (all sport profiles and other things to reset)

• Has anyone installed this data field on a Forerunner 965 yet? I installed it to mine and many of the field options are unavailable. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• which option are you missing?

• sorry for the delay Peter I missed your reply.

I was using the data field on my FR955 with the Stryd footpod for running. When trying to duplicate this configuration on the FR 965 I am missing both field options and field metric options:

The Run fields only list 5 options - missing are: Run (row 1 left) and Run (row 2 right)

The Bike fields only list 5 options - missing are: Bike (row 2 left) and Bike (row 2 right) 

I no longer have the FR955 to review all field metric options. But I screen shot my selections. For the 5 Run fields available I can no longer display:TIMER, DISTANCE, POWER LAP, or POWER 5s

The only metrics available are: PACE (5, 10, AVG, LAP), SPEED (5, 10, AVG, LAP), HR, HR %, CADENCE, POWER, ALTITUDE, CALORIES, TOD/BAT%, TOD, BAT%, TOTAL ASCENT, TOTAL DESCENT, TRAINING EFFECT, BACK TO START, FAT BURNED, CARBS BURNED, FAT/CARBS BURNED, STEPS, ELEVATION GRADE, and NEXT ALARM

Thanks for any help you can provide1

• Awesome work. I have been using this on my 645 for quite a while. 

Now I have a 965 and the data font size is just slightly too big.

Nothing major, but I felt like it was worth reporting it. I have not found a way to reduce the font size.

• That's interesting. The fonts on my 965 are not oversized like yours. But I am unable to edit the fields in the second row (they default to Timer). And am missing the field options I outlined above for Peter