App: Peter's Pacer (The App)

This project started off as a way to provide all functionality of Peter's (Race) Pacer to Connect Iq 1.x devices, but due to new exclusive features this project is also becoming an interesting option for the newer Connect IQ 2.x devices. I thought the app had grown enough to have it's very own support thread.

Peter's Pacer (The App) is a watch app that has a unique set of features:
  • All functionality of Peter's (Race) Pacer
  • A customized Lap Screen showing more information than the standard Lap Screen you get during native activity profiles
  • An exclusive adjustable Race Goal Feature
Because Peter's Pacer (The App) is a watch app it's main strength (full control) is also it's main weakness: you can not combine it with other functionality. The functionality that's implemented in the Peter's Pacer (The App) app is all you'll get.

Download link: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/e...c-9bd994080d4c
  • I just downloaded this app for my 935.  I am configuring it to see what it does.  What is the flexible distance vice a custom distance?

• flexible distance sets the target distance to the next major distance after you've passed it, eg at 3k your target distance will be 5k, after running 6k it will be 10k, ...... the flexible distance targets are 5k/10k/10miles/half marathon/marathon/100k 

it doesn't make much sense to use this during racing, but it can be useful during training for a race.

• Thanks!  Just used it for the first time. I like it. Need to tinker with the settings a bit.  I think the flexible distance is great for someone who wants to test this app out, especially if you have a non-standard course like I run.  
    Although, using it for a race, I can imagine using it for a go/no-go decision. Like if you are running a marathon and you get to the half and you are a whole bunch behind. If you aren't good enough to make up say 5-6 minutes, then maybe it's time to dial it back and survive for another day.  

• Adjust the race time goal.  I take it the number means seconds? Like a 5 means a 5 second adjustment to the pace?  And does this apply if you have target time selected vice pace?

• 5 means indeed an adjustment of 5 seconds per mile or kilometer (depends on system settings), it also applies if you have target time selected, but it will always adjust the expected pace figure (not the total time)

• Hi,

I'm a stryd user, it seams that the fitfile the app generates does not include power data from stryd  correct? Any chance of including this in a future update?

• I'm a stryd user, the fitfile the app generates seams not to include stryd power, correct? Any chance of including this in a future update?

• no the app only handles race related stuff, if you use the data field version of the app you could simultaneously also load the stryd field though

• Yeah, I figured that was probably the reason, wasnt aware of the datascreen version, will get that before next pacing job and donate! Thanks!

• Hi Peter,

I am planning to use this App for next Sunday's marathon, so I reinstalled it on my 920XT and am testing it.

I do not find the field for the Application Key in the configurations under Garmin Express. In the past, I had entered a key to avoid messages during the run. How do I enter the key in the current version (assuming that the key you had sent me earlier is still valid)?

Thanks..