App: Peter's Pacer (The App)

This project started off as a way to provide all functionality of Peter's (Race) Pacer to Connect Iq 1.x devices, but due to new exclusive features this project is also becoming an interesting option for the newer Connect IQ 2.x devices. I thought the app had grown enough to have it's very own support thread.

Peter's Pacer (The App) is a watch app that has a unique set of features:
  • All functionality of Peter's (Race) Pacer
  • A customized Lap Screen showing more information than the standard Lap Screen you get during native activity profiles
  • An exclusive adjustable Race Goal Feature
Because Peter's Pacer (The App) is a watch app it's main strength (full control) is also it's main weakness: you can not combine it with other functionality. The functionality that's implemented in the Peter's Pacer (The App) app is all you'll get.

Download link: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/e...c-9bd994080d4c
  • - by default no lap markers are created, if you want to view Laps after your run in the summary set this to on
    - push up/down button to adjust race time goal by the amount specified. Set it to 0 for no action.
    - power zones is for coloring the power box, leave the settings as is if you don't use power
  • Hi Peter, I ran with the App today and am a little confused about some of how it worked, wondering if I erred in settings. My settings were: lap size 1609, vibration strength 50, target distance custom, custom distance 8045, target finish time, target pace 9:30, turned on vibrate and beep when behind. I hadn't read your response above yet, so hadn't turned on auto-lap or set adjustable race goal to 0.

My overall pace was 9:12, with laps of 9:31, 9:05, 8:54, 9:13 and 9:18, finish time 47:03. Perfect pace showed 0 I think just about the whole time - which I assumed was because I was under 9:30 most of the run, and the vibrate/beep didn't go off, also I assume for the same reason. Is that correct?

But my main confusion was with the behind/ahead showed red the whole run and kept increasing to 20 mins, 25 mins, etc. Is that correct and if so, how does that square? Maybe I'm not understanding what behind/ahead is showing.

Thanks, Trang
  • If you choose "target finish time" as target type you have to enter the total time you expect to run over your target distance. If you wish to enter a target pace you have to set target type to "target pace"

• Got it. I had read only the "Target Pace" at the beginning of that field, didn't see "Finish Time" at the end, and entered target pace instead of target time. Thanks again for your quick response.
  • Also, I was combing through previous questions to try and avoid asking you repeat questions - I saw on the DF thread a comment that it only has vibrate/beep alerts when you're behind pace for CiQ2 devices (so, not FR 235). But the alert is available in the app for all devices. Is that correct? Just want to know what to expect vs be befuddled about as I continue to try/finesse them on my runs. Thanks.
  • That's correct the app has more memory available so all functionality is available there
  • Great, thanks for the confirmation.
  • Hi Peter I love the idea of this app unfortunately it keeps crashing on my Fenix 3 HR within 30 secs. any reports of this from anyone else? I have my fenix connected to my stryd also.

• Hi Peter. any reports of this crashing on Fenix 3HR ? I can't get it to last more than 30 secs. i have my watch set up with my stryd as a footpod and power meter also.

• can you connect your watch with usb to your computer and browse to the folder /garmin/apps/logs 

in that folder there will be a ciq_log.yml file, what is the contents?