NoFrills (watch face)

Support and feedback section for the NoFrills watchface

How to install and configure NoFrills

Please post any issues, questions and / or suggestions you have here and I will assist as best I can.

• Hello,
    Any body know how to choose NoFrills with this beta version?
    When i'm selecting this watch face, the default watch face appear.

Regards.

Unfortunately there is a bug in the beta firmware. You can either revert to the stable one provided in the zip file you downloaded, or you have to wait for the next stable public release.

Garmin has been notified about this.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help.

Please see this post
  • Hi HermoT.

This post is only for your information because I turned off my F3 and my WatchFace settings went lost but I configured again my settings and turned off my F3 (two times) but It did not reset the settings options so I dont know what happened before.

sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for WF.
  • Troubleshooting

Steps to resolve common problems you might experience with NoFrills:

I am an iOS user and I cannot save app settings using Connect
    Due to a bug introduced in version 4.22 of the iOS Connect app, you cannot save app settings. It even resets and deletes existing settings and data. The alternative is to use the Connect IQ Store app in order to manage and configure apps on your device.

This is your first Garmin device or you are new to ConnectIQ and don't know where to start?
    Watch this video to get a quick grasp on how to install NoFrills and how to access NoFrills settings:
    Install & Configure NoFrills watch face

Cannot see NoFrills after you have installed it?
    Make sure that you have enabled NoFrills in the watch's settings. You can find it here:
    Settings -> System -> Clock -> Watch Face
    Select NoFrills to set it as the current active watch face.

Cannot see some of the elements on the watch face, for example date?
    Make sure in the watch face settings that the color of the missing item is not the same as that of the background.
    For example, if the color of the date is black and the background color is black as well, then the date will be effectively hidden.

Cannot see activity tracking information? (This applies to step counter, progress gauge)
    There are two places where you need to enable activity tracking:
    The first is in the watch's settings. You can find it here:
    Settings -> System -> Activity Tracking
    The second is in the watch face settings. Make sure that you have enabled activity tracking and that you show the progress gauge.

Cannot install because you need to update your firmware version?
    This issue happens when you use Garmin Express to install NoFrills, but instead you get a message saying that you need to update the firmware version
    and Garmin Express reports that the version is already up to date.

There is a synchronization issue between Garmin Express and your watch at this point.
    Garmin Express has only copied the update file to your watch, but not installed it. This need to happen manually on the watch itself.
    You first need to disconnect your watch from the computer. You will then see a prompt on the watch's screen to install the update.
    Once you have done that, you can connect the watch to the computer and attempt the install of the watch face again.
    Please see this Thread for more information on resolutions.

Cannot uninstall watch face?
    You cannot uninstall a watch face using the Connect app if the watch face is actively being displayed.
    You first need to change the screen temporarily by navigating to a widget (up / down buttons), or going into the menu.
    Then while the watch face is not displayed, you can delete it.

You have upgraded to a newer version of the watch face, but the new features are not working?
    After upgrading the version of NoFrills, you may often find that new advertised features don't work.
    You just need to power off the watch and then power it back on. This is similar to rebooting the watch.

You upgraded your forerunner 235 firmware to version 4.70 and NoFrills is crashing or not working as expected?
    There are known issues with firmware 4.70 that seem to affect only 235 watches.
    Fortunately Garmin fixed these issues with firmware 5.20. Update your firmware to resolve this issue.

You have enabled the display of seconds, but it disappears or shows inconsistently
    This is not a bug. It works as expected and is a limitation by the firmware to only display the seconds when the watch is in high-power mode.
    High-power mode is when you lift your arm to your face as if to look at the watch. This triggers high power mode wherein a watch face can do certain battery intensive operations like animations, or displaying seconds.
    High-power mode times out after about 10 seconds and the watch then enters low-power mode after which the animations or seconds stop displaying.
    Garmin designed this to preserve battery, and there is nothing we as developers can do about this.

Why does Garmin watch faces display seconds permanently, but NoFrills not?
    Garmin watch faces are not CIQ watch faces, and they run on a chip that Garmin reserved for its own use.
    We have no access to that hardware and therefor have to rely on the high-power mode as explained above.

Why is my heart rate not displayed?
    The heart rate is only for compatible watches with a built-in optical heart rate sensor at the bottom of the watch.
    The current supported models are:

• fenix3 HR
    • d2 bravo Titanium
    • vivoactive HR
    • FR 235
    • FR 735XT

My heart rate is not updated in real-time
    The heart rate displayed on the watch face is only a historical reading approximately every 2 minutes.
    This is another limitation by Garmin to preserve battery life, and therefor it is impossible to display a real-time value for the heart rate.
    This also explains why the HR reading on the watch face does not always compare to the reading in the real-time HR widget. You cannot compare the two as the one is real-time and the other not.

• Hi HermoT,

Congratulations, you have created the best WF with battery treatment for F3.
    The last time the battery was charged a week ago and four days and still have a 9%.

Nice Work
  • Hi HermoT,

Congratulations, you have created the best WF with battery treatment for F3.
    The last time the battery was charged a week ago and four days and still have a 9%.

Nice Work

Thanks for the great news!
    It's always good to hear that the good quality is noticeable and appreciated by users!
  • Any word from Garmin when they'll release a firmware update that corrects this? I miss my NoFrills watch face !

Unfortunately there is a bug in the beta firmware. You can either revert to the stable one provided in the zip file you downloaded, or you have to wait for the next stable public release.

Garmin has been notified about this.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help.

Please see this post
  • Any word from Garmin when they'll release a firmware update that corrects this? I miss my NoFrills watch face !

Unfortunately I have not heard anything :(
    Did you try to restore the release FW that was in the zip file with the beta FW?

I was wondering if there is any advantage you gain from a beta FW that would stop you from downgrading?
  • What do you think guys to add some new feature like vibrating every full hour? Of course with on/off switch in setting and with some time range as on from 6AM till 10PM or so.
    It is possible at all?
  • What do you think guys to add some new feature like vibrating every full hour? Of course with on/off switch in setting and with some time range as on from 6AM till 10PM or so.
    It is possible at all?

Watchfaces are very limited in what they can do, and unfortunately vibrations are not possible on a watchface.
  • NoFrills watchface is working once again, now that Forerunner 735XT 4.20 software has been released. Yeah!