NoFrills (watch face)

Support and feedback section for the NoFrills watchface

How to install and configure NoFrills

Please post any issues, questions and / or suggestions you have here and I will assist as best I can.

• Hi, thanks for your interest and posting your question here.

I fully get you regarding the need to have peace and a calm experience when using your watch.

Unfortunately the background blending option is the only option for now.

You are absolutely right regarding the balancing act: the complexity that a request like yours will introduce, will put a heavy strain on performance and battery consumption.

However, I will keep your request in mind in future as technology improves and evolves.

• The face recently reverted to default settings and now I can't change them at all. I go into settings and change something and click save and its confirmed but nothing changee. Ive uninstalled the face turned off the watch and reinstalled the face. Uninstalled the whole app. Nothing seems to work.

• Please see this bug report. This is not a defect of NoFrills, but unfortunately a Garmin bug affecting iOS users and any Connect IQ app downloaded from the store.

Best alternative option is to use the Connect IQ Store app or Express to manage and configure your apps. Please upvote the bug report!

forums.garmin.com/.../broken-settings-in-connect-4-22-for-ios

• Hi!

I'm using this WF now. I love it. But I miss having more data fiel.

Now it only has 2 datafield apart from the HR and date.

I want to see the steps, the distance, altitude and sunset/sunrise time like I se on other WF.

It could be awesome if you could add an option for adding more fields.

I'm a developer, if you need help I could contribute.

Best,

• Unfortunately the request goes against my design goals for NoFrills.
    I am not planning on making NoFrills a data dense and cluttered watch face.

• Hi, forgive my English.
    I like this watchface, clear and simple but, I don't find it logical to complete the steps with water because it is not the only value to determine calorie consumption; eg I could do a lot of repetitions at the Leg Press with high calorie consumption and it wouldn't mark a single step.
    I would like to see the addition of a "Daily Needs" bar, or to replace water, which aims to reach a "daily calorie target" formed by the sum (already present) of the "Basal Calories" + "Calories in Activity ", putting in a cell, the desired target value for motivational purposes
    Thanks for your work

• 1. Let me ask about hour/minutes font sizes. I have a Fenix 3 HR for a long time and a newly acquired Fenix 5+. Their screen sizes are exactlythe same.

I never opted for small fonts in settings of Nofrills. On F3HR the nofrills font size is bigger (when no seconds are shown) than on F5+. In other words on F5+ the nofrills fonts size is the same indepently whether seconds is shown or not. 

Would it be possible to increase the hour/minutes font size on F5+when seconds are hidden?

2. My other inquiry is about the seconds. F3HR went into high power mode when seconds were shown for 10 seconds or so. F5+ can show them all the time.

a) when seconds are shown on F5+ does it mean a high power mode?

b) if not, does it mean a relevantly higher battery consumption vs ‘no seconds shown’?

c) if the answer either to a) or to b) is yes, would it be possible if newer watches incl F5+ would show seconds just for 10 seconds after a gesture or button push?

Thanks a lot Hermo to spend some time with my questions.

Zoltan

• Hi, I have a 735XT and the date is not updating it stays on the same date

• Hello. Love the No Frills but cant get the temp to work correctly. Always says it's in the mid 80's. All the other faces show correct temp though. Using a fenix 6 sapphire. 

Thanks

• Hi Hrmo T

I have a problem with the parameter function. My computer works in french. So the text before each of the parameters boxes are not apparent. Do you have a pdf parameters procedure. The video is very good, but I have to blindly adjust each parameters