App: Hike2

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/116a5b59-29ae-4397-a70e-907d7e5f8e44

The next generation of the Hike app. With additional memory and sensors on the vivoactive HR, all be looking at adding new stuff. Right now, it makes use of the hardware compass and barometric Altimeter!

Like Hike, it's stats up and once it gets GPS, press start to begin the recording. There are then a number of screens you can swipe through to see data, like time-distance, pace-speed, altitude data, lat/lon data, and a chart that shows your hike so far. Pressing the back button while recording marks a waypoint, and pressing start pauses the recording, and gives you the option to resume, save, or discard the recording.

To learn about some of the basic functionaly here, see the thread for the initial version:

http://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?335082-App-Hiking

Please post questions and problems here.
  • Hike2 has never worked. I only recently got the watch - it did an update to Software Version 5.50 (7de00b3). I downloaded the Hike2 on this new version.

• updated info on basic functionality?  user guide?

• nope, it's really bretty basic.  When you start the app, it waits for a GPS fix.  During that time you can use "menu" to change some settings, like walk vs hile and background color.

When you get a GPS fix, press start ate things start being recorded.  There are a number of screens and you use swipes or up/down to change them.

When you are done, press start and you can do things like resume/save/discard.

• Vivoactice 4S user, Any way to start this app before GPS signal is obtained? I hike in remote areas where GPS takes forever to "load". Other apps load quicker so I end up using them instead but really love all this app offers. 

• This app needs GPS,  There are a number of things that depend ona GPS lock.

• Hi, is there an option to show the  1 mile/km time as a notification?

I currently get notified when each mile has been completed but would like to know time wise how long that mile took. I know I can get this info at the end but is it possible to get it on the go?

Your app is my go to when hiking so keep up the great work Thumbsup

Steve

• Hi there, I have Venu 2 and noticed after using the App that my Pulse Ox sensor would be enabled.

Its probably best to capture the current device Pulse Ox config and restore it as before the App is running.  If Puse Ox is on leave it on, If Pulse Ox is off leave it off.

Thanks.

• Test on Garmin stock Walking built in App and its working as expected.

If Puse Ox was on the stock app left it on, If Pulse Ox was off the stock app left it off.

• Very nice app. I plan to make it my go to hiking app. One question though. When using it, my watch did not send a Live Track email to my contact. Does this feature not work with the app? Is it possible to make it so? 

• I'm now using a Venu SQ music. How can I switch between Hiking and Walking? 

I've also a forunner 235 and I just press down to switch.