App: Hike2

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/116a5b59-29ae-4397-a70e-907d7e5f8e44

The next generation of the Hike app. With additional memory and sensors on the vivoactive HR, all be looking at adding new stuff. Right now, it makes use of the hardware compass and barometric Altimeter!

Like Hike, it's stats up and once it gets GPS, press start to begin the recording. There are then a number of screens you can swipe through to see data, like time-distance, pace-speed, altitude data, lat/lon data, and a chart that shows your hike so far. Pressing the back button while recording marks a waypoint, and pressing start pauses the recording, and gives you the option to resume, save, or discard the recording.

To learn about some of the basic functionaly here, see the thread for the initial version:

http://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?335082-App-Hiking

Please post questions and problems here.
  • You need to provide more info such as the watch and FW version, and things like if the data shows up in history on the device.

Is it that the data isn't being synced to Garmin Connect?

• Hello,

Sorry about that. The watch is Garmin Venu and the version is 2.75.4

I started the Hike 2+ app then when I finished the hike, I stopped it. It has worked before but my last 2 hikes after updating, it hasn't worked. I don't think the data is being synced to Garmin Connect.

• What is the version of the main FW on the venu?  When you say you stopped it, you got the menu with "save" and activated that?

If you just got a FW update, have you tried rebooting the watch?  Hold the upper button for about 20 seconds and the watch will turn itself off, then turn it back on.

• Hi Jim!

Thanks for the response. It says the the SW Version is 5.10. Connect IQ version 3.2.1.

Actually, I just checked this morning and my hike did sync! It didn't sync yesterday but I got notification this morning of my hike synching and loading. It seems to be working now.

Thank you for your help!

• I've been trying to use this app, but it keeps coming up with "No GPS" - no other apps have this issue. Have tried changing to other GPS options in the menu which has generated the same result.

• What watch, and how long are you waiting?  Have you tried a native activity like "run" and wait until you get "green" for GPS?

On many watches, towards the end of "about" you'll see CPE or EPO and it's status should be "Current".  That's the data that speeds up GPS locks.

• Garmin 245 music. Can use all other run/walk activities without any issues, it's only when trying to use Hike 2.

CPE is set to current. Based in New Zealand if that makes a difference?

• While waiting for GPS, a long press of the up button gets you to the hike2 settings.  One of the options is "GPS mode".  By pressing the upper right button,  with it in the middle, you can rotate through the choices.  Try just GPS and see if that helps.

• I've tried all 3 options there to no avail. Now GPS+GLONASS, Now GPS+GALILEO, Now GPS. When going back to Hike2 - it still shows:

"Waiting for GPS: None"

"Menu for Startup options"

• Did you just get a GPS or FW update on your watch? (since things worked)