Watchface: Glance

NEW: Just published a new app - EASY Round. Give it a try!

apps.garmin.com/.../9a619d99-3e5b-4eec-81e7-006655d797cc

EASY Round

GLANCE WATCH FACE app won THE BEST NEW WATCH FACE APP OF 2022 ! At the Developers conference Garmin announced nominees and winners for the best apps in different categories. Glance Watch Face was nominated and won in the best new watch face category Slight smile! Garmin didn't post the video from the conference yet, but it was already reported by other websites: https://the5krunner.com/2022/10/12/garmin-app-watchface-of-the-year-2022-ciq-winners-and-nominees-announced/

The idea for this app is simple:
- Use only large fonts, so that all data are visible at a glance (hence the name of the app: Glance   )
- Put as much data on the screen as possible, without sacrificing font size above
- Make all data fields customizeable to your needs
- Make colors customizeable as much as possible, so users can create their own design

The "Glance Watch Face" app is 100% FREE - no hidden restrictions, nagging, or expiration:
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/07ae ... 07e8035fae

There is also a mostly free app - BIG EASY: apps.garmin.com/.../86ec352b-da01-4806-8972-770c6d32a5e8

There are also two paid versions of this app - "Glance Pro":

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/ac4be3ce-f0f3-4c49-be01-5fa52614ab2b

and "Glance Dual Screen":

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/5c0fe72b-f045-4366-a878-d3e67c600868

Paid versions are identical to the free version (so no worries, FREE doesn't mean bad!), but have a lot of extra features features:

• Open Weather Map support
  • Setting for TIME font weight
  • New way to use shared color themes
  • Support for many new metrics (like Body Battery, Stress Level, and lots more)
  • Extra progress bars and Graphs (in Dual Screen only)
  • Two separate data screens (in Dual Screen only) 
  • A lot more - see apps description for the full list
  • You have an opportunity (and a small incentive) to support the development Slight smile

Unique feature of the Glance apps - you can save your own Color Themes and quicly switch between them righ on the watch.

NEW: Now you can SHARE your Color Theme! You can also quickly apply Color Themes shared with you. Here is a full description of how it all works: https://www.mobiledriveway.com/glance.html#color

Here is the current Color Themes Gallery: https://www.mobiledriveway.com/glance_gallery.html

Color themes are compatible between "Glance" and "Glance Pro" (except for "inactive status icons color", which became obsolete in "Pro").

I'd love to see all color combinations you came up with. Please post your themes in the Reviews and I'll add them to the gallery!

Questions and suggestions are welcome!

• Venu- Cannot remove notification box at the bottom unless colouring it same as background. Free choice of Bottom field data just disappeared? Any AOD display type chosen useless for the time is not showing... (Only Screen 1 activated) . Compared to both the Glance Pro and the Glance), this watch face doesn’t excite me at all. 

• There are a few more settings coming to Big Easy based on the feedback I received so far. 

Not sure what you mean about time not showing in AOD. It works perfectly fine on my Epix2. 

• Not on my Venu though. Only top and bottom field, only Colon but no Time: Hour/Minute fonts ( black on /white background on main screen) showing. Could show you a picture but cannot forward using this forum.

• Do you have white (or non black) background and black time in non AOD mode? I'll fix these cases in a day or two, sorry. Thanks for reporting it. 

• adding to one of my previous comments about an alternative to the second issue: allow notifications and seconds to be placed in the lower right field, and then open up the lowest field (right now icons, notifications, seconds) to a user selected field.  i think this would be more aesthetically pleasing than the currently separated seconds from the main hr/min time.

i'm biased into thinking that the alarm and connection i ons aren't terribly important but i could imagine you could place a smaller version of each of these around the top field which holds the date. (ie, one icon on either side of the date for those who wish to have those icons)

• ps. or it might be possible to squeeze all of that info in the current lower right field (probably a little crunched for space unless the alarm and bluetooth icon are reduced a tiny bit.

• Yes. No worries. I changed the background/fore ground Time colours. Thanks for the prompt feedback. I do miss the ROBOTO font and would wish the AOD time showing without an outline (it does although it’s not my chosen Time font setting...) 

• Big fonts cause AOD to turn off - Garmin turns it off if more than 10% of pixels are illuminated. That is why I'm forced to switch fonts to Outline if it is bigger than Light. 

• Hey there. Thanks for the great work. I am particularly fond of the BIG EASY but also GLANCE Pro. How can I pay licenses for both and perhaps transfer you a few earth credits to pay you a nice cup of coffee or a pint?

-Etienne

• Hallo again, I've tested all the available metrics of the Big Easy WF on the Fenix 6Pro Solar, and they are all working, therefore I purchased right now the unlock code since I like this WF a lot! I still have a couple of questions.

1) (not so relevant) I don't see an imput field for the color customisation string of the secondary WF. Is it normal, since this feature is most probably available only for The Glance WF?

2) I copied the unlock code as I got it after payment (all capital letters) in the field of the Settings page of the mobile phone application. After saving it, all the paid options of the menus keep showing the "payment needed" advice. Is it normal? Maybe I should ignore the capital letters and write only small letters, or did I do something else wrong?

3) I wrote the unlock code in the mobile app because the Fenix 6Pro doesn't seem tho have a menu to customise or directly input strings into the 3d party WFs, therefore the only way to interact with your app is via the mobile phone customisation page. I assume that this is normal, at least for my watch model, but maybe I'm doing something wrong and I can find a customisation method even on the watch itself?

Thank you in advance for your answers and your support! P.S. this Big Easy is really cool Sunglasses ThumbsupOk hand