Watchface: Digital for TactixD and Digital for TactixD v2 Beta

This is forum to streamline questions processing, feature requests, bug reporting and general discussion regarding
Digital for TactixD face: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d4fbcc93-5e5e-4030-8278-2bd8463921db
Digital for TactixD v2 Beta: apps.garmin.com/.../15c35159-bae3-4c12-8539-5305ccd1b933

Idea behind this face is that the best face is the one which is set exactly as i want it.

*** IMPORTANT: Always include your email if you are contacting me using Contact Developer form. Without it i cannot contact you back as form will come with [email protected] as a sender address.

Q&A:

Why there are so many settings available? It is hard to navigate through them:
Sending watchface user defined parameters such as color, font and screen placement through app settings seems to be the only available option at this moment. Amount of settings is a tax for having many objects available. During time i've found out  there are also problems and limitations coming with amount of settings, therefore version 2 is being in development where at least some of the fields configuration will be simplified.

Why are my settings changes not reflected on WatchFace ?
It seems this issue is tied to Garmin CIQ app which is not able handle huge amount of settings properly. When settings are done through Android/iOS Garmin Mobile app all should work as expected.

Will be there Weather details available ?
Yes, weather is in progress and will be included in v2 version. Currently testing various weather providers APIs and fighting with best details visualization on the screen.

Why is my language not supported i see only squares instead of characters ?
During short life time of this face 26 custom fonts have been already requested and implemented. Fonts consume a lot of available resources, therefore characters are limited to the absolute minimum => english characters and numbers only. Languages with 'special' characters such as czech, russian, japanese etc. cannot be supported until more resources will be available to watch faces. Toggle button "Force English Day/Month Name" to force most exposed fields to english has been implemented instead.

Will more features be implemented ?
Yes, i am adding more features based on incoming requests. Priority is usually set by amount of requests.

• Ok, "-" this is due to the selected data (number code), some of them make sense in daily view while the others only in hourly view. It seems some Garmin apps are truncating included text help:

This is intended help text:

1 WindSpeed 
     2 WindDirection 
     3 Current Temperature 
     5 Icon 
     6 Precipitation Chance
     7 Relative Humidity
     8 Max Temperature
     9 Min Temperature
    Daily forecast data which make sense are e.g. 5896 (used in forecast screen view) instead of default 
    What do you mean to set 24UTC to your timezone ? Do you mean selectable ZULU marker time zone ?
  • Thank you 5896 works perfectly!

What I meant was: let's say utc time is 17:00 and my time is 18:00. The bezel shows 17, but I'd like to add 1h offset and have it show 18. Hope it's clear now.

• Good morning Tomulli,

first of all, I’d like to thank you very much for your TactixD v2 and for all your effort in creating it. It is really an amazing job! I’ve just paid you a beer from my Paypal account.

I’ve just bought the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro and when I saw your face, I installed it right away.

The customization is really very nice! I managed to try different setups, to be able to get all the information I prefer to have on the watch.

In the attached picture you can see my latest setup.

I’d like to give you some feedbacks about your great work, including some suggestion. Regarding the feedbacks you will probably be able to let me know if it my mistake or it is a bug of the face.

FEEDBACKS:

• “Show Seconds”: when I set it to “ON”, it seems that erases some lines on top of it. I used the Custom Text “SEC” above the seconds, but as you can see in the second picture, the text “SEC” seem to be almost completely erased.
    • “Default Latitude” and “Default Longitude”: When I insert the coordinates, and I save them, going out and then back in the settings of the App, it comes back with a number that doesn’t seem a coordinate. How do you insert the coordinates correctly? Because the “SUNRISE” and “SUNSET” Times are not anymore correct.
    • The Power Consumption is a little bit high and the face is a little bit slow. Hopefully in the final version it will be much better

SUGGESTIONS:

• It would be nice, at the beginning of the settings, to have the choice of “Black on White” as well, with an automatic color change of all the labels and data of the Face, in a way that you can use it right away with a White background.
    • For the data it would be nice to have a Font bigger than “15x15px bold”; for people like me is not too young, it makes a little difficult to read the characters of that size, that are pretty small. I would suggest having a choice up to a size of at least “20x20” in height.
    • For the “BATTERY STATUS” it would be nice to have a symbol of the battery, filled based on the actual charge of the battery and color accordingly.

It would be also nice to have the value in % that changes color based on the actual level of charge of the battery; for instance: “0-15% Red”, “16-25% Orange”, “26-100% Green” or customizable.

• Regarding the “MOON PHASE”, the “BLUETOOTH” and the “ZODIAC” indicators, it would be nice to have bigger sizes as well, to choose from; I think they are too small.
    • The “MOON PHASE” is showing correct info only with the “White on Black” It would be nice to have the option for the “Black on White” screen.
    • Regarding the “ALARM STATUS”, I would suggest having as well a symbol like for the “BLUETOOTH” one. If it is “ON” the symbol has a color, if it is “OFF”, the symbol has another color, customizable.
    • Regarding the “ALARM”, it would be nice to have the option to show the next “ALARM”

Hopefully you will be able to manage and take care about all my suggestion as well, including them in the final version.

Please let me now if you need any further information. If you wish, I’m available to test your face, for any further improvement.

If you wish you can contact me as well via the email address I used to make the donation to you with Paypal.

Thanks again for your Great Job!!!

Beat regards,

Daniele

Picture 1

Picture 2

• Can I know how to set the "second" next to the "min"?

• Watch face was working fine until a month or so ago. Spent ages setting it up in line with my needs. Not sure if this is due to an update but it returned to default view and attempting to make any changes results in an iQ error. Anything I can do? This is on a Fenix 5 Plus.

• Check you have latest 5Plus firmware installed. Also it seems Garmin's CIQ store way too often corrupts setting file (have no idea why did they decided to use this way to update settings).
    Sometimes helps to uninstall watchface. restart watch, and install it back via Garmin mobile, Garmin express or web browser method, not CIQ store. 

• Wanted to just say THANKS for a great watch face (Digital for TactixD v2 Beta).

Here is my implementation, with quite a bit of customization, use of color, etc. (current temp above the icon isn't showing in my pic with just a "-", sorry!)

It has got to be a lot of work to put together as a side hustle, but it is very much appreciated.

Wish List:

• Steps + Mileage (not just either/or) - I'd like to see both at the same time if this could be broken out into 2 functions
    • I'd use Barometric if there was and up/down indicator rather than just a number
    • I've love to see battery percentage colors

Thanks again.

• I ve added your requests to todo list. Do you still have no temperature ? if yes please contact me via contact developer i would like to troubleshoot it.

• Temp readout is fine... it is sometimes slow or delayed, but in this instance I think I just didn't have the Garmin app open (pretty sure this is a requirement? I only use Bluetooth, no watch-based WiFi as I'm trying to save on battery life).

• So I'm experiencing about 4 percentage battery drain per hour with this watch face. It is hands down my favorite watch face but that's a lot. Am I doing something wrong?