HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Little update: version 2.2.8 is on clone #4

Designer

http://public.stattegg.info/HM_DIYD_2.2.8.zip

As requested, 4 new values:

* new values: current lap, last lap avg power, current lap, last lap avg heartrate (high mem devices only!)

As always, thanks for any testing...

regards

Erich

• Having a problem with the designer v2.2.7 also v2.2.8  When i run it .   I get all the properties superimposed and jumbled up on the picture of my device.

• Let me guess. You have a 4K monitor, or really any monitor, and have Windows Display Properties, Change size of text, apps, and other items set to something other than 100%. That will do what you describe.

• Great. Changed to 100% then worked perfect. Thanks thosj

• I have noticed that values in the pace field will not go higher than 9:59. I tried using $m:$S instead of $M:$S but still the same problem.

• Hi

Yes, this is intended. For km 10 min/km is walking speed, so I set this limit, so that the pace does not get too big when speed gets slow. I forgot to adapt that for miles. Will set the min/mi limit to 19.59.

regards

Erich

• Hello, thank you for the extremely good data field!

I'm having a bit of a problem with the pacer ahead time calculation though. I just made a test 11km run with pacer set to pace 5:50min/km.  My actual lap (1km) paces varied from 5:42 to 6:00 min/km with the total avg pace exactly 5:50 at the end of the run. The graph shows quite abrupt changes of the pacer ahead time which varied from -192 s for the first minute of the run (at some moment I saw -59:59 on the screen) to -72s at the end of the run with +/-250 s variations (averaging factor for the pacer speed is 30) in between.  The Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer which I used in parallel varied slowly from -10 to +20s quite complying with my lap pace and ended exactly with 0s.

Can you look please what can be done? I suspect (can be wrong) that one of the things is that average speed is not calculated until all the samples are collected so it gave that initial -192s value which was stuck for some time.

Best regards!

pacer ahead time

• Hi

30s for avg pacer speed is way to less! It should be at least 300s (5min), otherwise the average will jump too much as you saw it. 

The fit file writing starts a minute after timer start, because the avg value has to be build up and it jumps to much at start, so no value is written in the first minute. 

The speed value from the devices are not really that constant, because of GPS fluctuations. 

Could you try 600s the next time? 

Regards

Erich 

• Thank you, I will certainly try 600s in a couple of days!

Meanwhile I can attach the graph of 15km run with 300s averaging: the initial pace for the first 50mins was about  5:30 min/km, after that I had a problem with leg and slowed down to 6 min/km during next 8 minutes, than I rested for 5 mins or so (the watch was paused), after that the pace was about 6:00 min/km until the end of the run.

On the picture you can see the pace ahead time together with the  Peter's ahead time. Strange things for me are:

- the beginning of the run (-756 s) - wouldn't it be more realistic to write 0 during the first minute?

- still rather big variations (+70/-250s) on the more or less stable pace during first 50 mins, I hope 600s would help.

- the end of the run after 01:00:00 -  the pace was 06:00 min/km which is 30s off the target pace so I guess the lag time had to be constantly increasing as it is on the Peter's pacer.

Best regards,

Evgeny

• Hi

Thanks for your testing. Could you add your pace to the diagram? 

What where your pacer settings? Target pace or time? What was the correct value at the end? 

Regards

Erich