HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi Erich,

The pacer was set to target pace P5:30, the actual lap paces were about 5:25-5:35 for the first 9km, and then 6:00 for the rest until the end of the run:

Here is the pacer ahead time together with pace:

Best regards,

Evgeny

• Ok, I will take a look into that. Just to make sure, I assume pacer distance was set to 15.0 km?

regards

Erich

• Thank you, I really appreciate the effort and time you put into this great app.

Yes, it is 15km. Does the distance setting matter if I specify the target pace in P5:30 form and not the time? I supposed it's using only in conjunction with the target time.

Best regards,

Evgeny

• Hi

I wouldnt be able to tell how much time you are behind, if I dont know the distance. I am just calculating target time from target pace and distance.

I think I will have to take a look at the calculation again. 

Regards

Erich 

• Ah, that's the thing. I think I understand now!
    I guess your ahead time is the predicted time between me and pacer at the end of the distance?

I was thinking that it shows me my current ahead/lag time.  I mean if I ran 2km and see -5s time it means the pacer was 5 seconds faster at this point.

So it's a  completely different parameter and probably it was calculated correctly! Do you think you can add the current ahead/lag time?

Best regards,

Evgeny

• Hi

I just did some calculations from your diagrams. You set a distance of 15km. Target pace 5:30.

Your target time should then be 15*5,5 = 82.5min.

I calculatetd your average pace with 5:45,5 min/km. Your target time was then 86,4min.

This is a lag time of 2.9min = 233s. Thats what peters ahead time shows and also mine I think.

And that should also be the value I want to show. I must admit I only tried target time several times and

there the values where ok.

regards

Erich

• Just looked at your graph again. I looked at the wrong scale for my line. I was also at about 240s lag in my graph at the end, so I was not completely off. 

So, the only problem is the up and down during the run. I think to avoid that you should test it with 900s.

I am going for a run tomorrow and I will test it with 900s and post my result here. 

I just checked my algorithm to save the average speed value and that seems to be ok.

Just read your post again, and I think now I understand the difference.

My value shows the difference to the target time based on already elapsed distance/time and assuming you run the rest of the distance with the current pacer average speed. This gives me a target time, and the difference to the set pace/distance is the one I display.

Peters value shows the difference of target time and set pace at the current distance, not the target one.

So, should be no problem to show this value too. Will add it in the next release.

regards

Erich

• Just uploaded version 2.2.9.

http://public.stattegg.info/HM_DIYD_2.2.9beta.zip

This is just a beta for testing pacer values. I added pacer current ahead time and renamed the other one the pacer target ahead time. Because I am in the middle of testing the designer with different dpi settings, there could be some issues with designer drawing.

In this version the current ahead time will also be written to fit file.

Just a quick release because I want to test it tomorrow.

• Hi

Did a run today, with both values and they seem ok to me. Curr. ahead time is exactly the same as peter pacer.

Pacer average speed is average over last 900s.