HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• I did a quick test with Arc dyn filled - cw and ccw - with my Tacx NEO.
    Everything works perfectly! Congratulations!

(For "normal" arcs now it is possible to swap Start and End angle like it is necessary for dyn filled arcs.)

• You are the champ !!! There is no better application in the entire Connect IQ.
  • Just because I don't know, when, say Clone #4 us updated, do we need to uninstall/reinstall Clone #4 to the device or is it just automatic like the new designer just handles new stuff and the install on the device is just that. Same for all, I guess, as all are the same, but you saying all clones will be updated tomorrow, makes me wonder if we need to install anew all the time.

Tom

• If you are happy with your design and don‘t want to change it, there is no need to update anything.

If you want to use new features (elements) of DIY, you need to download the new designer and replace the old executable with the new file. On the device you need to update the app (DIY#1 to #4). No need to uninstall it, simply update it. In Garmin Express you can set „CIQ auto-update“ and every time you connect your device to your computer and start GE all your CIQ apps will be updated automatically - if there are some found.
    After an DIY clone update there is no need to send the string anew as long as you don‘t change your design.

• Hi

As mcinner1 already described, you dont need to update the layout string or reinstall anything if the datafield gets updated.

Just hit update on the clones, thats it.

Only when you change your layout you should use the latest designer version.

It happened only twice in the past that I changed the config string format, then you are forced the copy the layout string again into the settings, but this should not happen in the future anymore.

regards

Erich

• I have not followed your work closely for a bit since I got a Fenix 6 - and that can display a lot of information just using standard fields.

I can see you have come a long way with the field. Congratulations! I downloaded the new version and really like all the showcases.

I like TE for anaerobic training. I don't suppose you have been able to find this in data? I know this was not available before.

• Hi

SDK has not changed. I still get only the one value from the SDK, sorry.

regards

Erich

• A little update: all clones are now on 2.2.6.

* refreshing of the graphics area reworked
    I tried to minimize flickering, so graphics are only updated in the region they are changing. Text changes will still trigger complete redraw.
    There is still little flickering left, and I know its not the perfect solution, but it should be better as before I hope.
    Because I changed a little more code, please let me know if there is anything wrong when changing elements or just the preview is not updated correctly anymore.
    * New element: -seperator-
    This is a dummy element and will not be exported. It can be used to group the elements so they are easier to find in the element list.
    It is just displayed in the element list, text can be changed of course.

There are no functional changes from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6, so you can use the previous version of the designer if something is completely wrong, which I hope isn't.

• Very nice and configurable datafield and a quick development - I'm very impressed!
    I would like to use the gear guessing but how can I configure gear guessing with more than one front chainwheel?

• I got the formula from mcinner1, so I would like you to ask him, if it is possible to adapt it.

But I think it is not possible, because I guess the gear based on cadence and speed. Because there is only one

variable (the back sprockets) I can guess them. But if there are two variables (front and back) I wouldn't be able to tell which one changed.

regards

Erich