HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Huh, I guess I would have thought you just got the units from the Garmin and if the Garmin was in Imperial, the units would be imperial. It must be that the Garmin works in metric and if I set the settings to Imperial, the Garmin converts.on the fly. Disappointing for sure, I was really looking forward to this. I guess us US guys are out of luck. So it goes......

• Thank you very much for the new element "arc"!
    I have tried it - also dynamically colored - and it works well.
    However, I can't manage to draw an arc with the bow to the right - i.e. an arc that includes the 3 o'clock position. I think there is only the workaround to set 2 arcs: e.g. from 300 to 360 degrees and from 0 to 60 degrees.
    See on my screenshot the right arc: it has start angle 300 and end angle 60 - but it is drawn counterclockwise.

Would it be possible to define the arc length by start angle and central angle, cw and ccw?

In any case, the ends of the arcs are drawn correctly by the device when using greater stroke values. This would allow the use of growing arcs, cw and ccw (similar to rectangle filled horiz/vertical), which would be fantastic!

Anyway... Thanks so much for your fabulous work!

• Hi

You can just use an end angle greater than 360, then it should work! In your example start angle 300, end angle 420.

I already started with the dynamic growing arc, but there are some things I have to consider first. Primarily in which direction the arc should grow and how to calculate that, because every start/end angle combination is possible. for example 10 - 0; 10 - 370; 250 - 240 etc...

regards

Erich

• Hi

After taking a look, I think I will add the conversion. Its just instead of converting from meters into kilometers, converting from meters to miles, its not that much of an effort as I thought. And Fahrenheit too of course.

regards

Erich

• Thanks for explanation and I‘m looking forward to growing arcs!

You are the best!

• I am preparing my layout of my bio-MTB for arcs.
    As one of the separation lines I have used a circle with big radius (500), so that only an arc was visible in my layout.
    Now I replaced this circle to an arc - just because it's possible now.
    But the result was strange. The arc is broken into 3 parts.
    I did some tests and found out that depending on start and end angle the results vary. I cannot find a pattern for that.

I have to say that all tests with arcs of smaller radius were drawn without problems.

• Hi

I have no clue what is going on here. It seems to me like a SDK bug.

I tried several arc with different radius and I get very strange shapes:

I think I cannot do anything about that:

I added a simple for loop in the code to draw the arcs with hardcoded values (X,Y) (The SDK takes the variables a little different than the designer)

• 0 degrees: 3 o'clock position.

• 90 degrees: 12 o'clock position.

• 180 degrees: 9 o'clock position.

• 270 degrees: 6 o'clock position.

Radius from 10 to 360 (2 increment) 60° - 70° CCW looks OK like this

Same as above but to radius 470

Radius from 10 to 200 (2 increment) 90° - 70° CW looks like this (X coord moved to left a bit)

Same as above but to radius 470

Seems to me like a overflow of the radius or something...

regards

Erich

• Thanks for testing!

With „normal“ radius no problem - so what...

• Quote--  "After taking a look, I think I will add the conversion. Its just instead of converting from meters into kilometers, converting from meters to miles, its not that much of an effort as I thought. And Fahrenheit too of course."

Well, this is good news indeed!! Keep us posted when the version with the conversions is available. I spent an entire day setting this all up, all the time thinking it was a simple setting somewhere to change to Imperial. So I had two screens all setup then couldn't figure out how to change. That's when I posted and learned it wasn't so simple. So......looking forward!! I'll be making you a donation soon as this is available!! Thanks a LOT!

• Hi

New version 2.2.1 is available on clone #4

Designer:

public.stattegg.info/HM_DIYD_2.2.1.zip

EDIT: Just found a small problem when drawing arcs. The end angle is not calculated correctly, so the arc is a little bit off at the end.
    Will be fixed in the next version!

* added support for imperial units.
    * some more memory optimizations

* new graphic element: arc
    Start angle is the 3 o'clock position. Direction is clockwise
    * new value: free memory
    Because I cannot predict how much free memory there is, I added the field
    to show a roughly estimate how much memory is free during testing of your layout.
    There should be at least 200 bytes free after starting the timer.
    Be aware that using the pacer will use about 800 bytes more after starting the timer!!
    How to use: Just place the textfield anywhere visible on your layout, copy the layout to your device, open the datafield and start the timer.
    If there is at least 300 bytes left after some minutes, your are on the save side. You can then remove the text field from your layout of course.