HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi

Just saw your post. As far as I know the SDK draws the lines always that way. Its the same on all devices I think, but cant confirm for sure. I didnt add the feature in the designer, as I thought it wouldn't be that important, and on most lines you cant see it anyway.

regards

Erich

• Hi,

very good idea thie DIY ;) 

I read some posts, and download the executable to draw layout. But on my computer, the layout is not in the right table... Do you understand what I mean ? 

I could capture a screenshot if you wan.

• Hi

Do you have the windows font size set the a value other than 100%? You will have to set fontsize for this exe to 100%. I was not able to fix that yet...

Regards 

Erich 

• Yeah ! thanks !!!

I try it !

• Happy New Year to everyone!

Just uploaded version 2.1.5 to clone #4. 

New value: temperature

Any feedback is appreciated, because I cannot test it on other devices.

If there are no major bugs, I will rollout the version to the other clones.

Designer is also updated:

http://public.stattegg.info/HM_DIYD_2.1.5.zip

regards

Erich

• Here is the result of my tests (I can only speak for Edge devices):

After booting the device the temperature shows 0.0 for a while, which is not the same time for each booting. It can last for a short time but also for up to 5 minutes. And „5 minutes“ is the key-word! Temperature is updated every 5 minutes after showing a value for first time. When refreshed it shows exactly the Garmin‘s original temperature. While Garmin‘s orig. temp. seems to be refreshed every second, HM‘s temperature is refreshed exactly after 5 minutes.

For testing purpose I put my Edge outside (it is winter here) and waited for alignment at 5 °C for both, HM and Garmin temp.

Then I took in the device and noted the temp. every minute. While Garmin‘s temp rose stadely, HM‘s temp. did 5 minute jumps - but always to the exact temp. of Garmin.

Conclusion:

-HM‘s temp shows the right temperature - but it takes a 5 minute refresh.

-After a reboot the device takes some time to show the temperature for the first time (some seconds up to 5 minutes). This delay seems to be tied to an internal absolute clock and it seems the delay depends on when you have booted your device within the 5-minutes-interval. ( I wonder if that is really possible)

It would be nice, if the refresh-interval could be shortened.

And now something completely different: 

Users often complain that the temperature of the Garmin device is displayed incorrectly. Some claim 4 degrees too much, others claim 3 degrees too little. Garmin has so far refused to be able to make an individual correction. But it could be built in into the setup of this data field and make so many users happy. Not me... I'm aware that an Edge is not a weather station.

So far my first test - and thank you HM for all this!

• Hi

Thanks for your testing. Unfortunately it is not possible to refresh quicker than 5min. The SDK has this limit for background temporal events. But I will add a offset that can be set for temp correction.

regards

Erich

• Just found a different solution to get sensor data, will try it tomorrow. 

• As it seems there is no way to get temperature more frequent than 5 minutes. But I found a solution to get temperature when datafield is opened, so it will not be zero after start of datafield.

• Just uploaded version 2.1.6 to #4.

It is now also possible to set a temperature offset via settings.