HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• All 3 clones have now the new version 2.0.7!

Config string parsing has been reworked (from version 1.x.x), so the old strings won't work anymore!

Please copy your config string again with the new designer version.

regards

Erich

• I have used the new version yesterday on my Forerunner 945. It works correctly but the battery consumption is not better, so I think it's not problem of the memory.

Perhaps the layout string should be devided in two parts: one as Background (all lines, fixed texts etc. that no change) and and second part all values and dynamic elements (they changes every second). My hypothesis ist that now every element ist written new every second and this makesthe battery problem by FR945.

• Hi

It doesn't work that way. The layout has to be redrawn every second, otherwise nothing would be drawn!

But it shouldn't matter, because these Garmin displays only need more power when a pixel changes.

When the screenpixels don't change it needs very few power.

• This post has nothing to do with the new version of DIY.
    It concerns an observation I made some time ago.
    A line with "heavy stroke" is displayed differently in the designer than on my Edge.
    Just out of curiosity: is it the same for all devices, or is it just the Edge?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <DIYLayout>
        <Device name="Edge 1030"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="FFFFFF" x="0" y="0" x2="282" y2="470" eletype="RF" valuetype="FX" radius="0" stroke="1" nr_values="1"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="000000" x="141" y="141" x2="0" y2="0" eletype="CR" valuetype="FX" radius="86" stroke="1" nr_values="1"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="000000" x="141" y="56" x2="141" y2="228" eletype="LN" valuetype="FX" radius="0" stroke="24" nr_values="1"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="000000" x="202" y="80" x2="80" y2="202" eletype="LN" valuetype="FX" radius="0" stroke="24" nr_values="1"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="000000" x="56" y="141" x2="227" y2="141" eletype="LN" valuetype="FX" radius="0" stroke="24" nr_values="1"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="000000" x="80" y="80" x2="202" y2="202" eletype="LN" valuetype="FX" radius="0" stroke="24" nr_values="1"/>
    </DIYLayout>

• Hi, I have the same as you but it was not always in this case I did graphics in designer 1.2.2 and it was good there!

I put in a new data field with a lot of dynamic colors that I tested today and works well only now my Edge 830 slows down every 5 to 6 seconds 1 second delay.Test Dynamic colors .rar

• Time for a little update (-:

I just uploaded a clone #4. It will be the public beta version for future releases.

#4 can be found here:

https://apps.garmin.com/de-DE/apps/617182cb-e3e6-4844-bfe5-5f6f3461f75a

I added a pacer in this version. Designer link is in the store.

* added pacer fields (see description below!)
    * fonts.txt adjusted for Fenix6X Pro
    * added max element check for all devices, to avoid running out of memory.
    Current max elements: low mem devices: 29
    medium mem devices: 53
    high mem devices: 500

Pacer: There are new settings for the pacer available on all devices except the CIQ1 (16kb) ones.
    Available fields:
    * Pacer calc average speed: This field is mandatory when using pacer because all pacer calculations are based on this field.
    It just needs to be in the layout, it can be hidden in the background.
    The "nr of values" must be set to a value multiple of 30. This value defines in which timerange the
    current average speed is calculated and the ahead/behind time and predicted time are base on the already
    reached distance and this average speed. In my example file it is set to 300 (5mins).
    * Pacer ahead time: Shows the ahead/behind time based on the settings.
    * Pacer predicted time: Shows the finish time based on already elapsed distance and average speed over last XX seconds/minutes.
    * Pacer predicted pace: Calculated finish pace based on above values
    * Pacer total average pace: Current total average based including corrected distance(see below)
    * Pacer corrected distance: Shows the current elapsed distance including the offset value (lap button press, see below)
    * Pacer offset indicator: This graphic element (in my example a little yellow circle) is only shown when a distance offset value is set by lap button press (see below).

Settings:
    * Pacer distance: distance in km:
    -> '21.1' (for a half marathon)
    * Pacer target time/pace: the target time or target pace:
    target time -> 'T2:05:05' (for 2h 05mins 05sec target time)
    or target pace -> 'P5:30' (for a target pace of 5:30 min/km)
    Distance correction: It is possible to press the lap button at a km marker during a race. The distance is then rounded to the nearast kilometer
    and "Pacer total average pace" and "Pacer corrected distance" are corrected. (5.1km corrects to 5.0km; 3.84km corrects to 4.0km)
    When correction is active it is indicated by the "Pacer offset indicator" (little yellow circle)
    When lap button is pressed within 30 seconds again, the offset is reset.
    Ahead time and predicted pace are written into the fit file.
    An example layout can be found in the examples.zip -> FR935/example_FR935_pacer.xml

• Thank you HM for your work!

A strange thing happened to me when I plugged in my Edge and startet Garmin Express (6.19.4.0) today.
    I had installed DIY #1, #2 and #3 already and set "autoupdate IQ-apps automatically, which worked fine until last time.
    But today GE did not update the 3 apps to the newest version of Dec. 23 (2.1.3).
    (I was on 2.0.7.)
    I had to remove all 3 apps and install it anew.

Same problem with my second Edge-device.

Anyone else with that experience?

• Hi

I must say, that Garmin Express is crap. It almost never recognizes my FR935, when it does only after about 5mins. I always update the apps via the android app.

• Ok.
    Until now it worked fine and I like GE to transfer the string. I's more complicated to send it to my iPhone...

• New version 2.1.4 is out! Nothing major, only added some checks to avoid possible crashes.