HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Has anyone worked out font mapping for the 1050?

I have made a few attempts, but have not achieved any results. There is only one font size defined for all fonts in the fonts file, although different fonts and sizes are specified in the Reference Guide.

• HI all!   I need help : i was using DIY in a EDGE 1000 for a long time and FONTS were ok, font size in designer was close to real size. Now i bought a EDGE 840 (for the battery) and when i choose the biggest font avaliable in the designer they apear not big enought in garmin 840. I remember reading in the manual that theres no way to increase fonts size in garmin. but i can see theres bigger fonts in garmin (i checked it by using a data page with one data field only ) . Is there anything a can do ? maybe that font is not mapped? THX IN ADVANCE

• The problem with the Designer is, that only one fontname can be mapped to a fonttype. All the old devices had different fonts for every fonttype. But the new devices have only two with different names. A major change in the designer is needed to adapt to this, but I have not much time and I am going on vacation.

A workaround for the 1050 would be to design the complete layout on a 1030 and then use "scale to device" for the 1050. I think that could be closest to the real device at the moment.

• I’ll definitely try that scale to device thing!! I have my screens designed for a 1030 anyway, so I’m done if scaling to device works. Thanks for the tip!

• its ok, you already put great effort on this app, all i can say is thank you and mcinner1.

Have a great vacation

• All clones are now on version 4.6.2

• All the old devices had different fonts for every fonttype. But the new devices have only two with different names.

Ok, I see…
    Have a nice summer!

• Scaling a 1030 screen works, but things don't look so good in designer and you have to move stuff around to get it on the 1050 screen where it looks good. Graphic lines seem OK, but text is not so good!! I don't know how a screen with lots of graphic stuff would look, but I managed to get a workable version of my almost all text 1030 screen to look sort of OK!! Hopefully later we'll be able to get this sorted.

• don't know how a screen with lots of graphic stuff would look

All graphics are WYSIWYG - only text is affected by the problem.

• hi, can i display the STAMINA  (%)v alue ?  i could not find it.

THX