HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• If you can reorder the datascreens on your device make the datascreen with the DIY datafield the first in the list. Then when you start the timer it will load

• Another test and now I'm sure, what is happening with correction:

-  The first push on the lap-button works as it shoud (offset indicator, corrected distance, corrected eta)

-  the second push (later than 30s after the first, I tried it several minutes later with distances between 800m and 2200m) reverts all corrections (distance ist the same es on the Garmin-Screen) and clears the offset indicator

- the third push works again as it should

- the forth reverts again

(..tbc..)

• Hi

That is intended. Otherwise you would not be able to cancel the correction in case you pressed the button by accident.

• From the documentation: "When lap button is pressed within 30 seconds again, the offset is reset."

But this happens also if you push the lap-button many minutes after the last correction (yes, with autolap off).

(in a race you would have one lap the adjusted data and the next lap the unadjusted data. This is what happened to me and was quite confusing after 15k on a half marathon - until then the differences were marginal so i didn't notice, at that point i thought ist wouldn't work at all..)

• Another support request...

If I well understood, “Bike current gear” calculated value returns gear index, not gear number (i.e., number of teeth). How to display gear number instead ? Furthermore, I’m trying to implement a Gear graph, but the fact that Bike current gear is evaluated based on input data in Text field, represents an issue.

• Congratulations to  !

Your phenomenal datafield has reached 3000 downloads, which is gigantic considering that the application also requires some of one's own effort.

For me it is the best datafield of the whole store.
    Thank you for that!

• The best CIQ datafield, for potentiality and flexibility. I'm grouping with congratulations

• Fully Agree, nice job indeed, this is the best CIQ datafield by far,

keep uo your outstanding work here! 

THANK YOU

• Is it possible to implement (in DIY next release) the following change requests ? I'm referring to:
    1) change Bike Current Gear implementation: use of DIY specific setting (like Pacers distances, for instance) in place of Text field in the Designer; in this way one could use it for setting dynamic colors and create gear graph (now it's not possibile since Bike Current Gear returns always 0 when used in such case)
    2) add Current Lap Grade (based on Current Lap Ascent and Current Lap Distance values)
    3) add Current Lap VAM (based on Current Lap Ascent and Current Lap Time values).

• Any chance to have any kind of reply ?
    In Italy we have the saying "Asking is polite and responding is a courtesy".