HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi, had some troubles implementing the fit data. Had no time to analyze it. Hope soon... 

• Bonjour,

j'ai installé le logiciel sur mon ordinateur mais celui ci ne s'affiche pas entièrement. Je n'ai pas accès a ce qui se trouve sous les cases ADD/CLONE/REMOVE. J'ai essayé de toucher aux paramètres de mon pc et du logiciel mais je cale ..

Si quelqu'un peut m'aider.

Merci

• It sounds like your screen resolution is too low.  Look at page 43 of the Guidance document.

• I had a problem today with the pacer function on the 7x (on the 6x before it worked without any problem).

- It is set up correctly ("Pacer calc avererage speed" "Nr. of Values" is set to 300)

- I did not select to write ahead time and predicted time to the fit file

- "Pacer predicted time" is working

- "Pacer corrected distance" and the "offset indicator" are not working (I hit the lap button on most km-signs, the distance stayed the default distance, no indicator).

- in the end the "pacer predicted time" was to optimistic because the watch had measured about 280m to much...

In the documentation there is the remark "Distance correction is disabled when a workout is active!". It was not a workout, it was a normal run. But maybe the 7x triggers this detection?

• For the next try I made a new profile and everything worked as it shoud...

• This Connect IQ datafield is amazing, and I’m using it extensively and enthusiastically (4 DIY instances, in 3 different data pages); congratulations and extreme gratitude to the author as well as to who actively supports users with documentation and valuable help.

This issue with use of lap values (namely Current Lap distance, Lap time and Lap avg speed) occurs to me too: the update of such these values is started not when the activity is started, but only when the page with the DIY datafield is displayed.

I don’t think that the only possible solution is to be forced to insert these values in the main page; for instance, I’m using the lap values in a secondary page I switch to only when I’m climbing.

Can this bug be fixed ? Or does it exist a valid workaround (…not swiping to the page before starting activity) ?

• This is no bug - please note the following:

1)
    IQ datafields must be loaded before they can work. IQ datafields are loaded the first time the page in question is called up, which can be seen from the message "loading". If you have several data pages with IQ datafields and you have not yet called the page in question, then the datafield does not exist - although it is set on the page in question.

2)
    There are values that are taken directly from the device by the IQ datafield (speed, distance etc...), and there are values that the IQ datafield calculates itself (various average values). The calculation of these second mentioned values can only start when the datafield is loaded.

Conclusion:
    All data pages with IQ datafields must be loaded before starting the activity - the respective pages must be called once. Once they are loaded, they do not have to be shown permanently - they then also work in the background.

• Thank you mcinner1, your reply is crystal clear.

My only doubt is: do current lap values (current distance, time, avg speed) need to be calculated in DIY datafield ? I would expect these be available as Garmin device native values, with no need to be calculated. In such this case my issue would not occur.

• Hi

No lap value is provided by the SDK. All of them have to be calculated.

regards

Erich

• OK, now I have the full picture...

Unfortunately, I must resign myself to swipe among pages before starting an activity.

I suppose there is no trick to load any IQ datafield without calling up the page that hosts it...