HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Yes!
    And without loading a course you will also get no „ETA“ and/or „Time to destination“!

• I have already done tests and only average speed works, I think that everything related to the loaded .gpx file is not read by the application, because in the fields of the clock that it creates when you use a path the data shows them perfectly.

• On my Edge 1030 the data for „Distance to destination“ works from the moment
    -a saved course was loaded
    -a navigation to a point or city was calculated

There is a original Garmin datafield on your watch for „remaining distance/distance to destination“ available. 
    The manual says:
    Dist. Remaining: The remaining distance to the final destination. You must be navigating for this data to appear.
    ETA: The estimated time of day when you will reach the final destination (adjusted to the local time of the destination). You must be navigating for this data to appear.

Try that field for testing!

• Yes of course, it is what I said in a previous message in the Garmin field if it is working perfectly .

It will be my old fr645 that as it does not receive updates it has become obsolete for these things.

• Ok, you are saying:
    The original Garmin datafield for ETA and time to dest work perfectly if you have loaded a course (are navigating) and have started an activity, but the DIY field for Distance to desti does not work.

If so - only the Developer can give an answer.

• Maybe could be helpful for some people. I am using one profile for all bikes, but all bikes are not equipped with the same sensors. The idea is to have a field with a backup value when the first one is not available (provided by a sensor). For example normally it will show Power, but if power sensor is not connected, it will show HR instead. Or you might have a field swhowing Gears, but on a bike without electric shifting it could show something other that is in that situation more useful.

• There are (limited) possibilities to do that.
    It works with all data whose value 0 means that there is no data.
    For sensors, these are, for example, heart rate or gears.
    Power and Cadence do not work, because 0 is a valid value.

I have doubled a data field on my Edge:
    when driving it shows the gradient and when pausing it shows the pause time.
    First I put the gradient into the field and then above it a filled rectangle, which is hidden at pause time = 0 (dynamic colors).
    Above it the pause time, also hidden if value = 0.

• Exactly so, the Garmin fields work perfectly. Thanks all the same

• Was not aweare that objects can be hidden/modiffied based on logic rules...will try

• Hi!

Is there a way to show not the paused time but the time with zero velocity? In other words, I want to show the time the timer is counting but I am not cycling, moving... the time I spent on the bike but without moving and without pushing pause button.

Actually I would like to show the current time stopped (without moving) and the total time stopped

I want a fadding field that shows me the time I spent in stops but as I don't use de pause button I don't know how to do it. 

Playing in this way, I have reached a field and a "fixed text" that shows themselves when v<3 and but when I try to show the time paused (because I don't know how to show the time stopped) I don't know how to link it to that velocity (because they are diferent value types, I can not go throug a value of velocity in a field of time...). Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance!!!