HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi

Thanks for the info. I know, some virusscanners report a trojan. I already tried rebuilding the executable, it did not help.

I can assure you, that the designer does not contain any virus or trojan. I cant really do anything about it at the moment.

Could you post a screenshot of the warning and which virusscanner you use. I will try to contact the developers.

regards

Erich

• Hi Erich. 

Thanks for your reply. See screen shot of the message including the name of the virus scanner.

I was always able to use your designer v3.1.4 OK with out problems until a few days ago when i tied to use it. The virus scanner moved the file to the quarantined files section.

I have added this file to the exemptions list after your assurance that its safe and all is OK.

PS

Any thoughts on the distance to destination issue that I reported a few days ago ?

Thanks

Robert

• Hi

I will fix that in the next release.

• When I upload the designer-exe to Virustotal I get also warnings. But Kaspersky for example shows HEUR: in the result.
    Since I'm not an expert in this fields I googled for explanation:

Trojan: Virus message with "HEUR" - what is it?
    - The abbreviation "HEUR" stands for heuristics. This is a method used in virus detection to identify previously unknown viruses as such.
    - Almost every virus scanner as well as the anti-virus systems additionally use a heuristic analysis. In this process, a virus is classified as dangerous only on the basis of its code and behavior.
    - A heuristic detection can therefore actually represent a previously completely unknown virus, but it can just as easily be a false alarm.

I can't really judge in this case, but there seem to be false alarms as well....

• At https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/hk/threat-encyclopedia/malware/trojan.win32.nymeria.mlu you can see what the trojan does. The folder and file are not present on my system. And 5 of 71 and not increasing is a typical score for a false positive.

• On my computer, this file and directory do not exist either.
    In addition, I have also not found the following files mentioned in some descriptions of the Trojan:
    hysvc.exe
    cs.exe
    payload.exe

So, for me - I have decided to ignore the rumors  Wink

• Hello,

I now had the chance to test your datafield first time on a ride.

First of all I want to say thanks for the great work for this and also for the very good documentation, which made it easy to adjust the screen to my needs.

I encountered also some problems and have some wishes which will follow below.

First I had some troubles get everything started, because both my PCs (Win10) identified the tool as a virus (Windows Defender). In the end I made an exception but with some bad feeling. I also ran some tests on online scanner, most didn't find anything but some did. It seemed, that the zip-file made more alarms than just the exe. Today, Windows deleted the file from both my computers with a new virus warning and I had to made a new exception.

After starting the designer I ran into next problem, because I couldn't save anything. File just wasn't created. There was no error message. I tried to change from NAS location to local user folder (which is onedrive) both didn't work. When I created new folder in download folder where I extracted the tool, it was working.

During creating layout I often encountered some problems, that items were disappearing and I couldn't change anything anymore, but a restart brought me back to were I was. This was not a big issue but happened quiet often (about 20 times/ hour I would say). I had the feeling, that when I made fast changes (e.g. keeping +/- coordinate changes pressed) more often created those freezes.

During work I missed the option to group some items or select more than one and move them all together. When changing the layout and noticing not everything worked out like planned it was kind of work to get everything to the new place. 

Today I did my first test ride with my edge 1030 (which I have for only about a month). Unfortunately it was not all working like expected. The values in my layout were somehow slowly refreshing. I used Power value with 3s average and I had the feeling that it only updated every 2-5 s. Also my edge was very slow. Calculating a route felt like needing two to three times more time than usual.

My layout is quiet heavy loaded with numbers and graphs (stroke size 1). My question is, are you also having those issues? Would it help to delete all the graphs? What kind of values need most calculation time? Is there a possibility to add priorities or update times for the values? I wouldn't need to have all the training values and others updated every second but e.g. every 5-10 s would be ok.

I would also like to have the possibility to have the graph only updated every x seconds. That would also save a lot of calculation, because I could increase the stroke without losing total time of the graph.

I also noticed that Average bike power and Curr Lap avg power didn't have same values. For all the other values I used (heart rate, speed, timer) those were identical.

I am also missing current lap average cadence which I hope you could add to the designer.

Edit:

Also I would like to have values ANT BPower Pedal power left/right % average.

End Edit

I will continue to work on and improve my layout and later probably share it if someone is interested in. Donation will also follow when I have everything working.

Br,

tkrhiman

• Virustotal is now at 12/69 including Kaspersky, McAffee, Sophos. The good news: Microsoft Defender changed from Virus to "OK", so there is some hope, that others will do this too. Yes, I still think it is a false alarm.

www.virustotal.com/.../detection

• If I could identify the code which is causing the problem I would change it. But I have no clue which part could cause a virus alarm. I wrote a mail to Quick Heal Tec to Whitelist my program, no answer yet ...