HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi hundsmiachn, any suggestion for the "Pointer"?

• I will take a look if it is possible...

• Is it possible to add the Di2 battery level? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks a lot.
  • Is it possible to add the Di2 battery level? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks a lot.
  • Hi

No, its not possible, because the SDK simply does not provide this value.

• Hi

FR945

I have a distance to destination field.

I understand when the calculated distance is greater than 100 the precision is reduced to 1 decimal place. This is perfectly OK.

However a problem happens when the distance subsequently reduces to under 100k the precision remains at 1 decimal place.

I have the precision set to 2.

Any help greatly received

Thank you

• So in order to track down the battery drain on my F6 Pro with my DIY layout I did some testing

The background was that the DIY layout I was using on my F6 Pro was resulting in a 10-12%/hr battery drain with recent firmware's where previously it was 5-6%/hr. 

2 of the elements I was using in the layout were Phone Connection Status & Notification Counter. I found that when I removed these elements from the layout my battery usage returned to 5-6%/hr

When I was using the layout with those elements configured; On finishing & saving the activity, sometimes but not always, the 9-10% battery drain continued & would flatten the battery in no time at all, unless I restarted my watch where battery consumption would return to normal

I don't think the issue is necessarily specific to the DIY datafield & my conclusion was that during an activity the Fenix is maybe invoking a more 'aggressive' BT communications, possibly in an attempt to improve connection stability & if any datafield elements & maybe sensors too (I don't have any BT sensors) are using the BT connection, the result is a increased battery drain. Similarly when finishing the activity it appears to me that this 'aggressive' BT communication is maybe not being closed down properly, resulting in further battery drain post activity, where restarting the watch is the only way to resolve it. I also found that the battery drain continued even after charging the watch unless I restarted it either before charging or after.

This is only my observations on one device, which may not be applicable to all the reported battery drain events so feedback to prove/disprove this would be welcomed

• Hi

Thanks for your investigations. I recently bought a F6X Sapphire too and was getting the same problems as you. I got about 15% per hour battery drain after every activity and only a reboot helped.

I contacted support and they told me to RMA it back without any questions. I will get a replacement. We will see, if the problem is still there with the new watch. I personally think this is a firmware issue, but we'll see.

regards
    Erich

• Hi Erich. In a way I'm glad it's not just me that's had this issue.

I'm of the same opinion that it is firmware related. I can't remember the revision where I started experiencing the drain. It was certainly a number of iterations prior the the current release.

Whether it's to do with BT interaction with the newer CIQ version support rolled out in the firmware updates or the BT firmware on the Fenix getting screwed up I don't know. I will be interested to hear if the issue persists with the replacement watch 

• Hi Erich.

Just to let you know that my antivirus software is telling me that your DIYDesigner.exe has a virus in it called Trojan.ClipBanker

Can you please check on this ?

Robert