HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• HI

I think this value does not make much sense. As the heartrate is normally very low at activity start, it would always stay at this value as you might not get under that later on. Also the resting heartrate and the recovery heartrate do not use your lowest hr from an activity.

• Great work, but I need a little help. I made a screen for my Edge 1030 with version 3.0. So far, so good. I have just bought a 1030 plus, so I am trying to use the same screen. My problem is version 3.1.4 does not work the same way that 3.0. I use windows 10 pro. For some reason xml does not work. The designer does not load any xml (nor the examples) and does not save the screen as a xml. So, I work with the string. "Load from clipboard" was a great addition. The problem is that I cannot load my version 3.0 screen to 3.1.4. It says "string cannot be loaded". I read the forum and "hundmiachn" provides a solution (save the string a xml and load it in 3.1.4). However, as I said, this is not an option for me. Any suggestion?

Could someone modify the string to 3.1.4 for me? (Thank you in advance) This is the string:

B!!iQJ!ww*!yYK+(!!yN!!iQ*!ww*"yZ(9`!!%/!!iQ*!ww*"yY`q=!!"f!!iQ*!ww*"yZ0@E!!%h!!iQ*!ww*"zh=`j!!%g!!iQJ!!!!!!WY=m!!!/!!iQJ!!!!!!'j(-!!!)!"4T+!ww*!!Ph)7!!!+!"4T+!w3$!!y-eP!!!+!"4T3!!'5(!Ph)7!!!++9d9y!!(pW!!!,b!!(pW!!!z?!;OWz!!!":!w3$!!!!!"!"4^@!WW3z!$HqA$V!!iQ)!ww*"y0QWQ%!"6][!rrw$$4mnd$V∞!!iQ)!rrw$zQPSDGPS!!iQ2!ww*"!2(n0!!!!!"4lz!w3$/!0Abu!!!!0DGNf!!yqt!!!!I!!)os!!!!?!;OWz!!!!5!;HNo!!!!+!ww*!!!!!"!"(J8!WW3zzZNL7$V!"(bH!WW3zzScW_$V!"%WB!WW3z$@u0B$V!!iQ)"98E%y-:z'km/h!"%oR!WW3z![254$V!!iQ)!rrw$y-7/:avg!"y2b!WW3z![6JW$V!!iQ)"98E%!!2^dbest!!iQ)"TSNyy-2L$Total!!iQ)zQOi)y-2K(Efectivo!!l\/"TSNyzV_3P$h:$M!!m7O"TSNyzV_4D$h:$M!!iQ)zljr*y-\"ADistancia!""dL!WW3z!`d`R$V!!iQ)!WW3zzSlQxkm!!iQ:!;HNp!-4Se!!!!!!iQ:!;HNp!-4SX!!!!!!iQ:!;HNp!+NGk!!!!!!iQ*"8Dis!s5PJ!!z-!!iQ*"8Dis!og:A!!z-!!iQ*z7jW1%W\f.!!z-!!iQ*z7jW1%g%:D!!"u!!iQ*"V4E/%O.;)!!z%!"1"o!WW6zz_Ore$V0E;@S!w3$!!!!4l!w7QL!!!3g!5cqp!!!3!!!%NL!!!1!!!!$!!!!.:!.]TM!!!%]!"1S:!WW3zzScVY$V!zf$C!rr;sz_Otn$V5QCc3!w3'!!!!Sq!w3$!!!!I]!w7QL!!!DX!5cqp!!!?S!!%NL!!!:D!!!$!!!!3S!.]TM!!!!"!"*1C!WW3zzScXP$V!!iQ)!rrw$zR"hArpm!!iQ)!rrw$y-Xn@avg!!iQ)!ww*"zQlWP%!$+d)!WW3zzZI+]$V!$*pN!WW3zzZI+6$V!!iQ)!ww*"zU?F1-!!iQ)z64`(y--8"Assioma!!iQ)"TSNyy-24`Radar!"Jo%!WW3zy-/Zp$T!"Rlw!WW3zy-4WR$T!!lCt"TSNyzS7]U$H:$M!!iQ)zQOi)y-dLiPotencia!!iQ)"onW'y-dMqTiempo!!iQ)zljr*y-dO9Distancia!"zX'!WW3z"BNbY$V!"-TY!WW3zy6@!^$V!!mgozQOi)zZf/t$h:$M:$S!!iQ)z64`(y-\GkAscenso!!iQ)z64`(y-]zuAltitud!".H4!WW3zzZ]Ze$V!".0$!WW3zzSl_'$V!"+=.!WW3z!z4f)$V!!iQ)!WW3zy-Xo]pn!!iQ)!rrw$y-Xo0avg!!iQ)!rrw$y-Xm:avg!0[3R!WW3z!`JZ^$V!!ii1!!!!!zUDC)

• Hi

We should find out, why your xml is not loaded first. Please post your xml file. Is the fonts.txt file in the same folder as the designer.exe file?

regards

Erich

• Thank you for the answer. I have not xml, because no version of the program works with xml. I cannot load any xml and I cannot save. When I try to save a xml I don't even get an error message, but the file is not there. I tried since 2.8.6 version of the designer (designer and fonts.txt are in the same folder). Maybe it is something related with windows 10 pro 64 bits. Anyway, I can use your designer since you introduce the option "load from clipboard". With the string I can load it and save it. The problem es the change of the string configuration since version 3.1. I cannot load my previous string to 3.1.4, so I am stuck. Regarding xml, no the xml from the example load, in any version. I have just reinstalled my windows 10 pro OS, but everything is the same even with a clean version. Thats the reason I ask for a string adapted to 3.1.4. I can work with that, not wit xml. I don´t know how to help you to identify the problem, but no xml fine works for me in any version, and I tried in three different computers with windows 10 pro 64 bits, so I assume it is something related with the OS.

• Have you tried running the designer in compatibility mode? Maybe the designer does not have permission to write on disk, did you try saving on a usb stick or flash drive?

I will try to load the string in the meantime.

• That seems to work. I have save the xml in a usb and it works. And I don't know exactly how, because I have two different version of the designer running, when I loaded it in 3.0 it automatically loaded also in 3.1.4, so I copy the string. Everything seems fine now. Thank you.

• Anyway, compatibility mode does not work. I can save xml to usb, but I cannot load any xml. However, load from clipboard does the trick

• Hi

I changed to string import, so you can load old versions of the string in the latest designer as well.

The fix is in the next release.

• I am using Windows 10 pro  64 bit with no problems, so there must be an issue with your system.  I am not sure what it could be.  Have you tried running the designer as administrator?  I do not need to do that, but it might help with your issue.