HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi Erich,

Thanks for adding the 12H format.  Much appreciated.  However my testing showed results that I didn't expect.  I have the Edge 830.  On the first test I excluded the $a and my sunset showed as 16:37 despite enabling the 12H option under settings.  The second test I added the $a and it showed 16:37 pm.  My 830 has a global time format setting and it's set to 12H.  When I changed it to 24H it doesn't make any difference.  It's currently in the morning in North America so I cannot test the Current Time field in another hour.  But I assume the time format update should apply to Sunset as well.  If you can take a look at this it would be great.  Thanks.

• Sorry, I forgot sunrise and sunset for the 12h format.

New version (datafield only) on #6:

3.1.3 (datafield only)
    * am/pm ($a) is now hidden when 12 hour format is disabled
    * 12 hour format added to sunset and sunrise

• Thank you!  Sunset is working now.  It shows 4:37 when I use $h:$M and enable 12h format under settings.  Current time shows 12:39 when I use $h:4M.  So in 21 minutes hopefully it'll show 1:00.

• The 12h format is working great!  I didn't test the variability index or intensity factor.  But those are great fields as well.  Thanks again.

• New version 3.1.4 is out on all clones.

I removed the 12h format setting from the app. It now uses the time format from the device settings.

• Hi. I have a request, would it be possible to add the minimum heart rate value? This value would be useful for measuring resting heart rate.
  • Hi All. I was wondering if any users of HMs DIY have experienced increased battery usage of late?

About a month ago the hiking layout I use on my Fenix 6 pro has gone from consuming 5-6% an hour, doubling up to 10-12%. 

If I replace the DIY datafield on the data screen with something mediocre, say a Timer datafield the battery consumption reduces to a minimal value. I realise that CIQ datafields will have an impact on battery life & I was content with the 5/6% but useful as it is the doubling is limiting the datafield's usefulness for long hiking days as I'm regularly out for 8 hours+

It may not be the datafield at fault, it may be a f/w update or a CIQ revision update that's triggered it so it will be interesting to hear what other users are seeing?

• I can't confirm. On my 6x it stayed the same. I loaded yesterday to about 95%, did an 80-minutes-run with DIY (24 vals, 12 graph) and a night later I'm at 90%.

• There was a time where I felt the same (may even have made a post about it) but it happened so long ago that I don't notice it any longer (or, there wasn't any problem).

• Thanks for sharing your findings. Which firmware are you running on the 6x? I'm on 12.77 beta though I've had this issue since at least the last public release, which I think was 12.20.

I'm guessing it's either one of the values that I'm using on my DIY layout or some nuance with the firmware on my F6. I doubt it's a genuine battery issue as I think it would happen all the time & when I remove the DIY data field battery usage returns to normal.

Some users on the F6 forums are reporting sporadic battery drains, which don't seem to have a trigger but other than that I'm a bit stumped