HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Strangely I've tested out the Di2 gearing info. on this app. and it works as it should.  The Di2 battery has such a long life that sometimes I forget to charge it until it goes dead.  I now have the Di2 battery % field on my non-CIQ data screen but it takes up a valuable spot.  I tend to only use only one screen for all of my data.  The Edge and Varia batteries aren't a problem as I recharge them after every ride.

My last posted pic. was a bit goofy.  Here's the edited pic showing the blank preview screen.

• I tend to only use only one screen for all of my data.

So do I!
    Due to the fact there is no CIQ ebike DIY at the moment, I built up a mixed 3 field layout of 2 DIY and another CIQ field on top.

Concerning blank layout:
    it seems your picture shows what I call freezed. In that case - if it happens to me - it looks similar to yours and one cannot edit an element or tap on any button - no reaction anymore. Only possible to close the app by clicking the x right top. But fortunately there never is something lost if you start again.
    This happens to me too, but very rarely. Seems to be some overflow...

• I did a simple test now. I copied the default layout string from (working) clone #1 to clone #4 and clone #6 using GC -> garbled datafield. I installed clone #2 using GE and copied the default layout string from (working) clone #1 to clone #2. It did not work to. To me it seems to be a bug in GC. This is annoying. Unamused

• Install all clones and other CIQs with Garmin Express and use it to transfer strings! Wink

• Thank you on the advice on the blank screen.  Yes, I close the program and restart without losing any data.

As for the eBike DIY that you did...that's amazing.  If I understood you correctly the '85%' shown is from another CIQ field that's not part of DIY?  Could you explain how you accomplished it?  I'd like to add a field for Di2 battery %.  I cannot program in Monkey C and I won't attempt to try unless the fix is very easily done.  Thanks again.

• Yes, on top there is Jan Capeks CIQ „ebike datafield“.

It is very simple to achieve:
    When setting up the datafields on my Edge (Trainingspages) I chose a 3-datafield layout. On top one small field and beneath 2 fields with the same height.
    Now I set „ebike field“ on top datafield, and beneath 2 designed DIY field clones. If you look carefully to my picture, you can see the boarders of the 3 datafields: they are a little thicker lines not black. 

See here - the system:

• Thank you!  Very interesting.  So if I want a Di2 batt. level data field I just need to first find a data field that displays it?  I'll take a look at the CIQ store or do a Google and see if I can find something.  Thanks again.

• I have no Di2, so I can‘t really help you...
    But I found that picture in a Shimano video - and that means, there seems to be a „normal“ datafield for Di2 battery. You need not to set an CIQ, you can use every datafield.

• Indeed,.  I have the field in another screen.  If I can find a way to add it to DIY then I can delete the other screen.

Do you or anyone else know how to show time in 5:12 instead of 17:12 in DIY?  I don't need the am/pm indicator, just a shortened format of the time displayed.  Thanks.

• If I can find a way to add it to DIY then I can delete the other screen.

We may be talking at cross purposes, but if you choose a 3-field layout in the training pages following my example, you can put the normal Di2 battery data field in the top field and create DIY layouts for the two fields below.