HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• I've installed clone #1 and tried it as you told and it works.

May be there are two reasons why it does not work the other way.
    1. My string transfer is not ok, like you told me. But why did it work until september/october (I don't remember) doing it my way?
    2. GC has a bug?

I 'll check it again later.

Thank you for your assistance!

• Hi,

I just downloaded the program and loving it!  Thank you for all the work.  But it would be really nice to have the Di2 battery level in %.  This field is found under the Edge 830 list of standard fields.  It would awesome if this change can be incorporated into the next release.  Thank you.

Also, I'm having a problem with the preview screen go blank while I'm building the screen.  Clicking on 'refresh' doesn't solve the problem.  To make the preview show up I have to close and reopen the program.  I'm not sure if this is a bug in the program or something in my PC that is causing it.  I'm running Windows 10.  Thanks.

Jonathan

• I can't seem to find the power meter fields I need either.  3S and 30S power are what I currently use.  Bummer.

• To get 3sec power set „number of values“ to 3 (in properties section), for 30sec power to 30.
    (see Guidance.pdf page 11)

• Oh thank you!  I'll give that a try!  Rookie mistake here...

• Regarding your previous posting:
    -Di2 battery: that's a question  has to answer, but as far as I can see it's like this: only data that the CIQ software developer kid allows access to can be displayed. DI2 battery is obviously not one of them.
    -Preview screen: do you mean that the preview window is empty if another window was on top of it or that the preview window freezes (and is not completely empty)?

• Thanks for the reply.  Is there a person at Garmin that I could contact to allow Di2 batt. % to be made available for developers?  Right now I have that field on one of my data fields but I'd like to incorporate it into the DIY data field.  As for the preview screen....I have no additional window on top of another window.  The preview screen doesn't freeze.  The preview 'screen' becomes blank, meaning my design is not showing.  The only fix is to close the DIY program and restart.  This happens every few minutes on my PC.  Not a deal breaker but I thought it's weird.

• Here's what the program looks like when my preview screen goes blank.

• I have to say - I never had that problem on my WIN7 PC and I‘ve never heard about here in that forum...  Thinking

Concerning contacting Garmin: out of my experience with Edge devices - it ist pretty useless!
    I‘m urgently wainting for them to integrate ANT+ for ebikes (battery and supportmode).