HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• When he rides into the setting sun, he wants the arrow to point to the left (W) - I suppose...  Wink

What you mean would be the better solution: an arrow which points always to the top and the windrose is turning showing the compass directions. But that would be a different graphic element...

• Actually I think has hit on something.

I was thinking about this all wrong. Yes my text data value displays my current direction of travel.

However, I was looking for the graphical arrow to orientate itself based on my direction travel. For example; if I was traveling west then the arrow would point to the right so the correct setting for the arrow is for it to point to the North. Thanks for prompting me think this out ThumbsupThumbsup I'll give it a whirl

• The arrow always points north so if you want to make a compass like display you have to reverse East and West. Here's how the "compass" looks on my Edge 830.

Left side of the third row is my "compass". From the heading in the lower left you can see that I really am heading east.

• Quite an ingenious solution. 

• Thanks. It's a bit of a brain twister when you look at the compass and see East and West reversed. 

• First of al. A big tanks to you for making this program. This helps to bring my 1030 plus to the next level :)

I think I found a little bug. When I open a file in V3.0.2 then it looks like the first picture. But when I open the same file in v3.1.1, then it won't open it correctly, see second picture. However when I press "copy to clipboard" the device itself shows it correctly. 

If you want I can give you the code. However when I try to place it in this post I'll get a error: "Sorry, you have been blocked".

• Your font file needs to be in the same directory as the designer EXE. It does NOT extract to there, you’ll have to manually copy one or the other. 

• Thanks, this was indeed the issue Slight smile

• Hi

Battery consumption is around 7%-7.5°% per hour. A little high. Are there any options to reduce battery consumption. In OEM screens the consumption is around 4-5% per hour

Thanks

• papadiz

I have not noticed increased battery consumption on my 830 although I have not looked too closely either.  It stands to reason that the more processing the datafield requires, the more battery consumption, so things like graphs will probably increase battery drain.  Also the more things you display, the more battery drain.  On my watch which has battery problems anyway, using DIY clearly increases battery drain.