HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi

1) Yes, your device is a "medium" device, so you can add only about 25-30 elements to a layout. But you can add a second layout at the bottom, just install another clone. Thats the reason why there are clones.

2) Because the fonts are not the same as on the device, the layout doesn't fit perfectly. But you can adjust the fonts.txt file to some degree. A description how to do that is inside the file or in the guidance pdf file.

regards

Erich

• Thank you Sir. And good job!!

• Using 2 fields have solved that problem but now there are some fields showing always 0:

- Normalized power without 0s

- Average power current lap

- Average HR current lap

- Normalized power without 0s current lap

- Power zone number

- TE

- TSS

To be sure it's not because of the memory I have created a layout containing just "Average HR current lap" and it didn't worked. Am I doing something wrong?

• Hi

It seems that I have put the edge520 in the wrong memory category in the designer. I have listed it as a high memory device but in fact it is a medium one. I will correct that in the designer.

Because of the memory limitation, these values are not available on the medium devices. I am sorry...

regards

Erich

• Hi

What is the difference between (M) Current Lap Distance and (H) ANT BikeSpeed Distance because at the end of the ride there is some difference between them. (assuming not pressing Lap button)

• Hi

One is the internal distance measured with GPS and the ANT value is the one your ANT device calculates.

• HI I've added a direction triangle to my Edge 1030 layout with the Value Type set to 'Current Heading' However on the Edge it is showing the 'Direction to Start'.

I also have a value field set up to display the cardinal text of the Current Heading ie %T, which displays as it should. 

Am I missing out on something here? I've seen that there's also settings options for the triangle. I don't think I should be needing to put anything in the settings co-ordinates field though I'm not sure what selecting the Use Alternative Direction of Travel option would do as the documentation seems to indicate that this setting affects both the direction triangle and value fields, but they are working differently on my device. 

Is it maybe because it's because the Edge 1030 doesn't have a magnetic compass & I'm using Current Heading as the Value Type for the triangle when maybe I should be using Track (Direction of Travel) instead.

Would you be able to assist please?

• Hi HotDog!
    I think there is a misunderstanding in setting the direction triangle:
    You only can chose 3 options as valuetype which are working for the triangle:
    -Start coordinates
    -North
    -Setting coordinates
    All other valuetypes have no effect on the direction triangle.

The valuetypes "Track" and "Current heading" are "normal" valuetypes which can be set on a layout to see/read their values. This both values show "the same" but are calculated differently.

These two different kind of calculation can also be chosen for the direction triangle - in setup, depending if there is a "real" compass or not (1030PLUS - normal 1030) but it has nothing to do with displaying track or current heading.
    The graphic element "direction triangle" can only show the direction to 1) Start, 2) North or 3) given coordinates.

I have to admit - it is a little bit confusing...

• Hi Thanks for clarifying  I understand now. Thumbsup

Maybe at some point in the future will consider adding it as a 4th option.

• Hi hotdogpartysausage 

Why would you want an arrow pointing to current heading?  Would it not by definition always point to the top of the unit as you are riding?  I must be missing something.