HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Please submit the XML code for both layouts here.
    It's hard to tell otherwise.

• I have added XML codes to my original post

• I have no Edge 820 - so, I tested on my 1030:
    First of all: your DIY-strings are working on my Edge 1030 as they are supposed to:

Edit: sorry - pressed "Answer" too fast...
    I'll continue in following post!

• What I get on my Edge 1030 using your strings:

For better understanding:

1) You did not submit the XML-code (which is the content of the stored XML-file) but you submitted the DIY-string (which apparently comes from button "Copy to clipboard").

2) Edge devices have a white background by default (day-mode). Unfortunately the DIY tool has a black background by default. So, instead of using night-mode to correct the looking, I recommend to set a white filled rectangle over the whole display as the first/upper element. Now you can work without faking the night-mode.

3) Your first layout-string does not match your shown pictures. But, anyway, it works. Dynamic colors for radar-battery have to be corrected. The value for ANT battery can be only 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. (0 - 50 in dyn. colors).

If your problem still persitsts - what you can do:
    -plug in your device, open Garmin Express and goto setup of your DIY-field.
    -copy the string shown in setup
    -open DIY-designer on your PC
    -press button "Load from clipboard" and check if the layout is complete.

If not - something's wrong during transmission of the string.
    If it's complete - I have no clue what's wrong...   ;-)

• I had a problem with the speed sensor battery status.  I am assuming it is a Garmin issue and not a DIY issue, but I was hoping someone could shed some light on the problem.  I have a garmin speed sensor that does not use a magnet, but only transmits over ANT (that is not the latest model).  I have the battery status showing on DIY and it shows OK with a value of 3.  I started getting warnings from my Edge 830 that the speed sensor was low.  I checked the sensor about screen and it showed battery status as low.  DIY continued to show status as OK value 3.  I replaced the battery and now the sensor about screen show battery status as ok.  DIY also says status is OK value 3.  I was sort of expecting battery status to show better than OK with a new battery, but the big problem is DIY always show status OK value 3 even when the 830 shows status low.  If the sensor is not active (ie wheel has not turned for a while DIY shows status as invalid and changes to OK as soon as the 830 finds the sensor so it seems to showing the status of the correct sensor (I only have one speed sensor anyway).  Anyone know what is going on here?  Clearly the 830 is seeing some kind of battery status, but it appears the CIQ data is not correct.

• Garmin magnetless speedsensor generation 1 (which seems you have) does not teansmit any battery value to IQ ANT. HM did many tests and finally he decided to show „3“ (ok) from the moment the sensor is paired and transmits speed. HM hoped, that maybe it will work - but it does not.

Garmin magnetless speedsensor generation 2 works fine - I have testet both generations.

• Thanks now I understand.  I wish Garmin was more forthcoming on what does and does not work.

• any example file for vivoactive 3 ?

• You can load examples for FR935 (same screensize, same memory) and adapt fontsize and coordinates.

• I lately had a problem with my Edge 1030 when switching from day to night mode occurs.
    The screen "splits" and only have of the screen switched to night mode - the other half stayed in a "twilight zone" ;-)

Switching to other pages and back and also stopping and restarting does not help - it kept it's split layout...

Any ideas what happened?

Split Screen with Twilight Zone