HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• , you may be completely right! I will try this. These graph parameters are somewhat tricky to understand! Will try tomorrow - thank you!

• I know but I'd like for you to try to calculate it youself - come on, you can do it! :-)

apps.garmin.com/.../search

• Hi. I noticed something a little strange on my Edge 1030 today. I configured the datafield to display the Distance to Destination to 2 decimal places; however on my device it always displayed as 1 decimal place. It is fine for the Distance to Next Point just not the Destination.

Is this something amiss with DIY or does the SDK not provide that attribute to more than 1 decimal place

• This value is directly from the SDK. So if dist to next is correct and dist to dest is not, it is most likely a bug in the SDK.

• Quite possibly. It's displays as 0.00 if I'm not navigating but as soon as I load the course it reverts to 1 DP

• What is distance to next point?  I have never been able to get anything but zero, and I was told that DIY could not access course related data.  I would like to get distance to next course point but can only seem to get that with a Garmin data field.  Distance to next point and distance to next course point are clearly too different things but I am unsure what distance to next point is.  

• I went for a walk today and the ETA field on my Fenix 6 (fw 10.10) shows ETA at next turn, not the final destination.

String:

B!!iQJ!ww*!(4ZAb!!%5!!n+*z_7GUzTs,!$H:$M:$C!ja"h!h5[K9z+t:"]-!!"1"o!rrwzz[iad$V!"1"o!rrwzz[iaf$V!"1"o!rrwzz[imi$V!"1"o!rrwzz[j$m$V!"1"o!WW3zz[imi$V!!iQJ!5QCe!Pi5)!!!8!!iQJ!'y'o!PlK0!!!8!!iQJ!!)Zn!Poa7!!!8!!iQJ!w7S$!PlJi!!!8!!iQJ!w3$z!Po`p!!!8!";Ol!WW3z!"_t($V!";h'!WW3z!"c5/$V!"w+7!WW3z!"fK6$V!"wCG!WW3z!"c4g$V!"w[W!WW3z!"fJn$V!lwf'!h5[L9*'QB"]-$!!iQ*!W[a9y4([D!!"+!!iQJ!!!!!"[RY=!!!k!"%oR!rrwz!^UKp$V!!iQ)"2M^f!!2.SAVG!"1S:!rrwz!($f`$V!!iQ)!WW3"y-7.`A!".H4!rrwzy-9QO$V!!iQ)!WW3"y-;txD!".`D!rrwzy-xB-$V!"n2J!rrwz$=QWz$V!"n2J!rrwz$=QW%$V!"n2J!rrwz$=Qxp$V!"n2J!WW3z$=QJu$V!!iQ*!W[a9y43;q!!z!!!l\/zQOi)!yBpH$H:$M:$C!""dL!WW3z"x^$_$V!!iQJ!!!!!!n+/X!!!\!!og5"onWy$keqO$m:$C!"7iF!rrwz$o7a)$T!!iR%"b6T'!F_MW!!!!!"$cg!e:9$DKK 53 (DKK 53 (DKK 53 ($8)))Lyi$V!!iQ)!Jz]NzQgZ_S!!iQ)!Jz]NzQiMxT!!iQ)!Jz]NzQk?rE!!iQ)!Jz]NzQm2QP!"Vjr!WW3z!yBr1$V!"WF=!WW3z!yFK5$V!!iQ*!W[a9y4;6R!!zY!!iQJ!!!!!y4;BV!!!B!"3`G!PlLdy-ISFC!"3je!rrwzy/0.S$V!"3`G!l2Uey-ITNTE!"5Qp!rrwz!Y]Ol$V!!lCt"onWyzQqko$H:$M9\eFW!w3$z!!!3I!w7S$!!!2N!!)Zn!!!1I!'y'o!!!/g!5QCe!!!-!!yKqM!!!)5!!%P"!!!(y!w7R7!!!yl!8H8_!!!y:7,6SW!w7S"!!!"y!w7R7!!!!q!w93.!!!!g!ww(L!!!!]!!)Zn!!!!S!'y'o!!!!I!5QCc!!!!?!.]TM!!!!5

• Hi

This is a known bug in the SDK and was already discussed here. Seems not to be fixed with latest SDK...

• Hi. It's the distance to the next turn on the calculate course when navigating

• hello,

i just have downloaded new designer 3.0.2 and updated strings in my edge 820, but it's not showing correctly... some values are missing, some (dynamic) are not displayed as should be

DIY1

B!!lCtz64`(Ox'KZ$Hh:$Mm!!iQ)"onW'J,h^$sunset!"V:R"TSNyJ,j,L$H:$M!!m7O$NL/,L_-q($Hh:$Mm:$Ss!!iQ*!ww*"L-Zp^!!!i!""dL"TSNyN'UER$V km!"%WBz64`(LdBs0$V km/h!!iQ*!ww*"L-g7f!!"k!".H4$NL/,L_?4g$V m nahoru!"%oR$NL/,L_Bybavg $V km/h!!iQ*!ww*"L-n3+!!zG!"4^@%.wQCzSUHRbaterie $V %06_UQ!!%NL!!!,b!!*$!!!!)5!w7R7!!!yl!wzGA!!!zq!42_+!!!"0!"Rlwzk%-@$59LOradar $T06_UY!!%NL!!!,b!!*$!!!!)5!w7R7!!!yl!wzGA!!!zq!42_+!!!"0

DIY2

B!"%oR%KHJ/L_*Bnprůměr $V km/h!"y2byHDe2L_-q(maximálka $V km/h!!iQ*!ww*"L-YqB!!!b!".0$%fcS0L_1J7výška $V m.n.m.!".H4$NL/,L_5zF$V m nahoru!".`Dzljr*L_8QU$V m dolů!!iQ*!ww*"L-dQo!!"X!)k*b%fcS0L_w*d$V BPM aktuální!"1kJy-)\1L_?Xs$V BPM maximální!!iQ*!ww*"L-kY8!!z5!"5!PzQOi)L_C2-GPS $V m!"3je"onW'L_F`w$V cal!"6uk$ig8-L]c.;$V byte free

do you have any idea, what's wrong? thanks for help