HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Rear derailleur index  ...  the numeric index of the current gear (1, 2, ...)
    Rear derailleur max  ...  the number of gears available  (11)
    Rear derailleur size  ...  the number of teeth of curr. gear  (32, 28, ...)

I have no DI2 system, but I think your cassette is known by your DI2 system.
    (As far as I know you need Shimano D-Fly for transferring ANT+ signals.)

• Then.... "Rear derailleur size"   

Yes. D-Fly is required. I have D-Fly.

Thanks

• Datafields are now all auto migrated. They should support the new devices now.

• Yes, are already running on my 1030 plus! Thanks!

• I'm trying to create a compass on my Edge 830. The problem is that the arrow rotates backwards. In my screenshot below you can see that my Track is 271 degrees and the arrow is pointing to the right and not the left. I had to swap East and West to have the compass indicate correctly. The code I used is also pasted below.

Is there a way to have the arrow rotate the opposite direction? Or is there a way to have the compass card rotate with a fixed arrow or lubber line?

<LayoutElement type="3" text="----------------- Compass ------------------"/>
    <LayoutElement type="1" color="000000" x="27" y="110" x2="0" y2="0" eletype="DT" valuetype="SN" minval="false" maxonly="false" daynight="true" radius="14" stroke="2" nr_values="1"/>
    <LayoutElement type="1" color="000000" x="27" y="110" x2="0" y2="0" eletype="CR" valuetype="FX" minval="false" maxonly="false" daynight="true" radius="16" stroke="2" nr_values="1"/>
    <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="27" y="78" fixedtext="true" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="FX" text="N" font="TINY" halignment="1" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext=""/>
    <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="27" y="123" fixedtext="true" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="FX" text="S" font="TINY" halignment="1" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext=""/>
    <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="0" y="100" fixedtext="true" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="FX" text="E" font="TINY" halignment="2" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext=""/>
    <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="43" y="100" fixedtext="true" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="FX" text="W" font="TINY" halignment="2" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext=""/>

• Try to activate „Use alternate direction of travel“ on settings page!

See Guidance.pdf on top of this thread, page 33 bottom

• mcinner: I tried the arrows with the fields North, Track and Heading both with "Alternate Direction of Travel" ON and OFF. It made no difference: when I headed 270 degrees the arrows all pointed to the right and not the left as I would expect.

• Also with Edge 830?

For some months now, problems with Edge 830 have been reported for the first time.
    A couple of days ago I’ve got the new Edge 1030 Plus which also has a magnetic compass and on first ride I noticed unstable North arrow, too.

I will test and report!

EDIT:
    Edge 1030 Plus has not a magnetic compass but an "electronic" compass (see manual).
    This compass can be calibrated - but it seems it is not a "real" compass.
    God knows how it works. (...or anybody of you out there?)

• Ahhh - just looked closer at the layout above...

I think there is a mistake:
    Track 270 means, you are heading West. If you‘re heading West, North is on your right side and that is the direction the arrow points to! It shows you where North is. It acts like the needle of a compass. You have to rotate the compass to aligne the needle with the letter N to find your direction. Means: works not with a fixed circle with N always on top!

• To be more precise:
    Direction arrow and triangle are available:
    -North ... arrow points to North
    -Start ... arrow points to your starting point
    -Coordinate ... arrow points to a given point

What you’ll need is a fourth option: -Track ... arrow points to track-degrees