HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 7.2.1
* added devices: Approach S7 42mm, Descent Mk3 43mm /Mk3i 43mm, Descent Mk3i 51mm, Edge 1050, epix Pro Gen2 42mm, epix Pro Gen2 47mm / quatix 7 pro, epix Pro Gen2 51mm / D2 mach 1 pro / tactix 7
Fenix 7 Pro, Fenix 7 Pro Solar, Fenix 7S Pro, Fenix 7X Pro, Fenix 7xPro Solar, Forerunner 165, Forerunner 165M, Venu 3, Venu 3S, Vivoactive 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Incredible speed of development and fixes. Well done.

My suggestions:

• In the value list in the PC app, make some separators and group similar fields (since there are now so many!)
    • Would also be good to dynamically update the list based on devices so users with low memory would not have to shift all through the list (I have F6, so this will not help me :-) )
    • Implement a dynamic data graph element that will show the last values - like in https://garminiq-data-field-designer.appspot.com/
    • Add something like https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/f275eca7-701a-4db8-b3da-d0ea8fd7955c - or TRIMP (seems the code is available)
    • Add values for current lap -1, -2, -3, .. for avg HR, avg pace - could be related to the dynamic graph

Does anyone know where to request elements in CIQ? I so bad need TE Anaerobic and Performance Condition available for Erich to do his magic on :-)

• Wow thanks for implementing the workout lap timer so quickly it works like a charm Clap

• Hi

The lap event is pretty much the only event/data I get from a workout. So its not possible to add any other values like remaining lap time etc...

I just forward the values from the ant interface, so maybe your device does not send any battery data. Is it shown on any other datatfield?

regards

Erich

• Hi

I will take a look if I can add some seperators, but the values are already grouped, there are just different ways you 

can define a group. for example: group lap values or group speed values, cant do both!?

The value list is already updated dynamically, depending on the available memory of the selected device.

I am not planing on adding a data graph at the moment, maybe later on.

current lap -1 -2 I will also not implement at the moment, it takes just too much memory to store these values. And I 

dont want to move all the lap values to only the high mem devices.

regards

Erich

• Thanks. On the battery data, yes, on the standard Garmin fields you can chose from 2 different fields:

Shifting battery and DI2 shifting battery, and both work well for the SRAM and shimano systems respectively

• Is it possible to add a "Heading" value? The Garmin field shows N, NE, SW etc

• Hello

Yes, I realize grouping can be different - it's just the long list is hard to read.

If the list is updated dynamically, why do you need to start with M, H, L - again, makes it a bit harder to read.

Graph + current lap. OK, hopefully later.

And the TRIMP/HRSS calculation?

• I would love to have the HRSS too. Im not sure sure if its similar to Garmin Training Effect, but anyway my device cant display it. (edge 1000) 

• Is it possible to put the Shimano Di2 Gear working as the second row of the picture?
    Or just the gear number from 1 to 11
    I say, put the vertical columns and they are darkening in the one that works. I do not know if I explain well.
    Does anyone have an example of how you are putting it in your datafield?
    Thanks
  • You could build this yourself, use rectangles with dynamic color, make them blue for the gear which it is representing and grey for all other values...