HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• I'M a bit conused - actually the word "DARK" is only in my night layout, in the day layout the word is NOT there... Thinking

• You're right - I have to check...

• So, concerning DAY/NIGHT I found out:

On Clone #1, vers. 2.7.3 Day and Night works, just has to be reloaded after switching Day/Night.
    See screenshots below (you see: it's Clone #1, Datafieldversion does not work in row 1)

On Clone #4 version 2.7.4 Day / Night works too - in principle, but there you have to reboot the device for having the layout changed!

PS: I found out, why "DARK" was visible in the "Dayscreen" - it was not the Day-Layout - it was the Night Layout!
    But since there is no black rectangle filled in the Night layout, it turned to white.

• Hi

There is definitly no difference between 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 regarding layout switching day/night!

I think maybe it could be a problem with the underlying OS. Maybe it keeps the datafield open in the background in some cases and so it isn't reloaded but only put into foreground again. Only when datafield is initialized again the switching works.

• I really appreciate your tests (and still wonder why it never worked when I tested it) - but I think if @hundsmiachn will restructure that feature, combined with automatic switching possibility, it's no worth the effort.

Let's wait until he presents the "new" night mode Joy

• A last question:
    When you tested this thing today morning on vers 2.7.3 (now clones 1-3), did you use the following order:

-Transmitt the layout containing Day and Night string

initial boot
    -System - Daytime
    -load the layout   ...   should be Day
    -load another datafield - e.g. Distance
    -System - Nighttime
    -load the layout   ...   should be Night now

You have to force a complete new loading of the datafield.

• new version 2.7.5 on clone #4

I removed this b/w switching crap. Instead every element can be set seperately now, see releasnotes

http://public.stattegg.info/HM_DIYD_2.7.5.zip

* changed black/white switching: removed the default black config string.
    Instead every element can be set to be included in b/w switching. When it is included, the color of this element will be inverted when switched to black background.

I hope people dont get stressed out when I release an update every half an hour (-:

• I hope people dont get stressed out when I release an update every half an hour (-:

Nothing at all!
    We are happy that you are working that hard - and: it's "Stay At Home" time!

• Black/White switching works! No new loading of the layout is necessary. Simply change Day to Night.
    Night preview also works fine.

A keyboard shortcut for Day/Night switching checkbox would be nice if you select many elements subsequently.

THANKS AGAIN!

• Hi There, the level of activity of this forum is amazing... and a good indication of the level of interest this app has, congratulations!

A couple of asks/feedback

1. Thank you for the new functionality on 2.7.4 'a workout step is now registered as lap event', that was an speedy implementation and much appreciated. Now, with that, there is one field I miss, the 'remaining lap time' (which is available in the std fields from garmin), all the rest is tested and works perfect (Lap time, Power, HR, etc.)!
    2. On the 'ANT shift Battery' field, I understand the shimano DI2 is not working, but I have SRAM Eagle AXS, I do get the shift rear gear index, but I don't get a value for Battery, any chance of looking at that?

thanks and keep up with the good work!