HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi

In about 10mins I will upload a new version. There is now more than enough memory for your datafield, you can use the 60s average, no problem.

You dont have to change anything.

regards

Erich

• New version 2.3.1 on clone #4:

Designer:

http://public.stattegg.info/HM_DIYD_2.3.1.zip

* new values: 
    * Curr Lap avg power w/ zeros. 'Curr Lap avg power' does not include zeros now!
    * %FTP (FTP needs to be set in the settings, because SDK does not provide this value!)
    * values with an average over 30s are now stored more efficiently.
    If 'nr of values' is greater than 30 they should be a multiple of 30 (60, 90, ...)! If not, they will be rounded to the next lower multiple of 30.
    * 'Curr Lap avg power' and 'Curr Lap avg heartrate' are now stored more efficiently. 
    Maximum lap duration is 2 hours for these values. If the lap exceeds 2 hours the value only shows the average over last 2 hours!
    * Fixed a bug in the designer, where the little color fields where not updated.

I would appreciate any testing, because I did some substantial rework to get some more memory.

regards

Erich

• Hello Erich,

I'm using the elements "ETA (curr. sp)" and "Timer time" among others. The text value/property for both elements is set as "$H:$M". In the DIY Designer the timer element is shown as "01:12" and the other one is shown as "00:55".
    Before starting a ride both elements are displayed as "00". And as long as "Timer time" and the other one is below 1 hour the leading zeros are missing. As soon as 1 hour has passed both values are displayed correctly.

The second problem is in the Designer itself. Previously defined dynamic colors are not shown as they were defined. In the properties area the colorvalues are correct but the displayed colors are always black.

regards

Thomas

• The color problem seems to be fixed. Thanks!

• Hi

I dont understand the problem with the time values you have. Maybe you could write the examples with the exact string shown and what it should have been. Or maybe some screenshots...

regards

Erich

• Hi Erich,

I hope the screenshots making it more clear.

The values "Timer" and "ETA" are at the top of the screenshots.

Designer preview:

displayed on the Edge:

The timer values are displayed without the leading zeros as long as timer value is below 1 hour.

Example:
    1 minute is shown as "01" instead of "00:01". 59 minutes are shown as "59" instead of "00:59"

Did you understand it?

regards
    Thomas

• Ah ok, I get it. I will take a look...

regards

Erich

• I can see why you are doing that. But if a user finds that or any other element shows up on their device is too big for their liking, they can just insert a filled rectangle with the background color over the unwanted portion. Easy.

Tied this and it worked perfect.  Let the user decide how much (or little) of the element they want to see.

Awesome work. Thanks

• Hi

The problem is when speed gets to zero, pace would then go to infinity or very big. When you cut off a part of it, you dont know the real value.

So when "8:59" is displayed it could be 18:59 or just 8:59, same with "5:44" for example, could also be 15:44.

regards

Erich