This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New 965 - Is it a joke ?

965 has been released in the last June and it is already replaced by the 965 !

9 months ?

That means, when they released the 955, Garmin already knows the watch is bad and they wanted to replace it ASAP.

This is explained why the software on the 955 is that bad !

Ok 965 has no solar version and battery life will probably decrease a lot but....

Really frustrating.

Many thanks Garmin !

From moderator: As this thread has gone down a path of personal attacks, I have no choice but to lock this thread. Voicing our dissatisfaction is welcome as long as we are civil and on topic. We will not allow personal attacks against a user (volunteer moderators, forum members, or Garmin employees), or violations of the terms of use for these forums {http://www.garmin.com/en-US/legal/terms-of-use).

• I will probably sell my 955 and buy 265.

I don't need the maps.

• I can help you understand this system better:

DCRainMaker, Ray Maker, is a grifter.

This comment, among others in this thread, reminded me why I largely stopped coming to the Garmin forums. There's far too much name-calling, backstabbing, and general angriness. Other sites, and other product forums manage to strike a balance between civility and open discussion about issues - but for whatever reason, be it users or Garmin moderation, that often ends up not being the case here. I can see why Garmin themselves perhaps gives up at times on it - why wants to deal with this garbage?

I will say, there's nobody out there pushing Garmin as hard as I do behind the scenes to fix things. I don't particularly care if you believe that or not. Nor does it mean it always results in a fix. But I try - and I know I annoy Garmin to no end about it.

Also, for fun, my Lactate Threshold chart in Garmin Connect, showing changes over the last 6 months. I don't monitor that metric, or care about it. I also haven't done a guided test on the Garmin platform in many years, so these are all automatic updates - largely from either an Epix or Forerunner 955.

Either way, I see little reason to keep responding in these threads, or to even bother trying to raise issues to Garmin about stuff I see here. Any time I do, all I find is angry pitchforks from angry people.

• Garmin has turned off lht detection to avoid users face the ltr bug it's crazy.

They know about this major bug, but try to hide it instead of fixing it.

• Ray I can give you detailed steps on how to reproduce this major bug. 100% repeateable.

Let me know if I can send you an email if you promise you'll follow the steps

(Also I want to you perform anonymous this thing because for sure Garmin it's very interested your account works perfectly)

People we are angry for a reason.

• I ordered a 265 and should get it soon. I am not sure about the AMOLED for me but thought to try it . 965 wasn’t available in short term . I shall do my best to post some comments on my experience as I decide. 

• I would like you to test the lhtr bug . I would bet it's going to be present . I can give you instructions to reproduce it.

• Have you posted in here ?

Can consider posting here ? Maybe in a separate thread.

I've turned off the LTHR and MHR for some time. Would be interested to see the problem.

• Hi Derek, Yes. I did borrow an Epix before I settled on the 955 (coming from a 745) and found the screen less legible for quick glances during activity, of course the Epix was also a lot bulkier. I really like the 955  - apart from the irritating issues we've experienced/ continue to experience., but I doubt those will be any different with the 265/965 in reality. Lets see. Will do so.

• Aren't these LTH values simply from Epix not FR955 since he's using both.

• This is really something I cannot understand with the software development of Garmin.

Garmin introduces multiple of models and there are separate SW for each model ?

General functionalities like vo2max, LTHR, sleep, stress, etc shouldn't the codes be modular, portable or compatible across the models ?

Why is LTHR working on Epic and not on another model ?