This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New 965 - Is it a joke ?

965 has been released in the last June and it is already replaced by the 965 !

9 months ?

That means, when they released the 955, Garmin already knows the watch is bad and they wanted to replace it ASAP.

This is explained why the software on the 955 is that bad !

Ok 965 has no solar version and battery life will probably decrease a lot but....

Really frustrating.

Many thanks Garmin !

From moderator: As this thread has gone down a path of personal attacks, I have no choice but to lock this thread. Voicing our dissatisfaction is welcome as long as we are civil and on topic. We will not allow personal attacks against a user (volunteer moderators, forum members, or Garmin employees), or violations of the terms of use for these forums {http://www.garmin.com/en-US/legal/terms-of-use).

• Nothing, unfortunately. However, many people still believe he is some kind of impartial reviewer or even a consumer advocate. Nothing could be further from the truth.

• Ha, spot on. That guy is clearly misstating his relationship with Garmin. He didn’t hesitate hating on Strava recently, ’cos they don’t matter to his business. Garmin does, though. But he would never bite the hand that feeds him.

• Interesting to hear your take here! I would suggest that Ray's reviews and opinions could have a significant impact on garmin sales, and he owes them nothing! 
  • Cannot wait to read all bug complaints on new 965 forum Sweat smile

• Don't worry, it's just minor firmware hickups :P And the software is getting better and better, thanks to Garmins awesome beta testing programm, where faulty releases are totally not pushed out with myriads of bugs that were reported during the beta testing Smiley

• That's just what Garmin need, another development branch, features to backport..etc....etc... :D

• His reviews could most definitely impact sales - should he ever write about the multitude of issues. But he doesn't because he's an influencer. Seriously, do you have any understanding whatsoever of how marketing works? You think he's just a simple reviewer that they don't cater to? Please... Keep drinking the cool aid.

• It's 955 AMOLED, like there was 945 LTE. Not worth the changes to be 965.

• So, I have been a DC R content consumer for 8 years since I pushed the button on the original Fenix 3. I do not think he receives freebies or cash incentives. I wouldn't speak either way to the possibility of him and other creators perhaps being comped to expos and so on.

His YT revenue though will now come from being adjacent to frequent product rollout. I could even live with that more easily if he still did the short "how to" for watches. His channel has certainly become totally product focussed rather than function/solution focussed. I honestly think that will be part of why it can look like shilling. Instead of feature based reviews on release I'd like to see "Here's how I went about cutting 15s off my 5k" and intertwining the technology use. I think it'd expose a lot of faults with product offerings. I do imagine the vast majority of his participation is from people who buy treadmills and a watch. There are now clothes hung on that treadmill but they'll still buy a watch every 24 months.

• 955 is the first and the last item I bought from Garmin. Sh*ty company.