This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New 965 - Is it a joke ?

965 has been released in the last June and it is already replaced by the 965 !

9 months ?

That means, when they released the 955, Garmin already knows the watch is bad and they wanted to replace it ASAP.

This is explained why the software on the 955 is that bad !

Ok 965 has no solar version and battery life will probably decrease a lot but....

Really frustrating.

Many thanks Garmin !

From moderator: As this thread has gone down a path of personal attacks, I have no choice but to lock this thread. Voicing our dissatisfaction is welcome as long as we are civil and on topic. We will not allow personal attacks against a user (volunteer moderators, forum members, or Garmin employees), or violations of the terms of use for these forums {http://www.garmin.com/en-US/legal/terms-of-use).

• I am in Canada and specifically chose the Garmin website for purchase hoping to have better service and it turned out the opposite.  I bought 955 a couple of months into release but got frustrated due to lack of updates decided to go to a more stable Fenix 7 got slammed with 30 day passed, escalated to no avail,, they didn't refund nor exchange with difference payment and was stuck waiting 6+ months to get a useable non crashing watch.  Garmin should own up to their failure and either partially refund or extend support/warranty or even give the option to upgrade to a better watch for all 955 early owners, this was the biggest disappointment since I got my Fenix 2

• Ray is correct in that the 955 works perfectly for most users. The nitpicky bugs that some of us run into get blown out of proportion on forums like this that act like echo chambers. 

I’m definitely not giving Garmin a pass here, however, as I am one of the users who has stumbled upon a fair number of bugs that, in my eye, should be easy to fix. Where Garmin has really dropped the ball is in their communication with us users who choose to actively report such issues. A simple message from a Garmin employee letting us know they’re working on a fix would go a long way. Sometimes they do do this, but not often enough. Just keep us in the loop.

• 955 and 255 has major bugs (like the lhtr issue) that impact ALL users... But most users are unable to understand the metrics and predictions... So most people don't see their expensive watches are broken

• Ray... ALL 955s are impacted by a major bug (lhtr bug) since launch ...  I cannot believe you haven't noticed it. Literally... It's impossible to avoid.

If you want I can give you instructions on how to reproduce this major bug. 

(Most casual users don't notice this bug because they just don't understand 90% of their watches metrics/data/predictions)

• See, my take on this is "I'm never going to take 15s off my 5k and neither will my viewers. Let's talk about the shiny sheeeeeit"

Garmin products have thousands of features(some of which work.... sometimes) because there is a satellite industry of people thriving off SKU release. This has led to a massively overcomplicated product matrix. We'd just like devices and a backend that work, Ray. Consistently work. Make videos about that.

• You can’t say ALL users because anyone who is legitimately serious about endurance sports understands that any information gathered from a flashing green light on one’s wrist needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If you desperately need a lactate threshold test this instant, than you probably need to do a lab test. 

I am agreeing with you that there are serious bugs. The inability to navigate to saved locations is particularly irksome to me at the moment. However, my 955 provides me with the most accurate distances and GNSS traces for long trail runs of any watch I’ve ever used. That’s all I personally need and trust the watch to do. 

Again, if you are a serious endurance athlete (which I am not) and need reliable in-depth analysis, then I’d imagine you probable have a coach for that. 

• Creditcard chargeback. Garmin will refund you if you push enough. From the 735's lack of advertised waterproofness, to the 935's cracked HR sensors over time from temperature changes, to the altimeters failing on the 945, 935, 955 and Fenix range: all of them are badly designed. If you don't use it, it won't break quickly. If you use the features, they will break quickly, because stuff is low quality - always has been. I think we might be at a cliff-edge where people wake up and realize this conveyor belt of yearly watch cycles isn't going to last. People are rightly angry about the 955. I did a chargeback on my creditcard for mine because the software bugs are the most I've ever experienced on a Garmin watch. Running, cycling, hiking, rowing - the advertised differentials from cheaper watches just don't work.

• You clearly don't know what is the "lhtr bug" we refer.

On summary (there are dozens of threads in this forum about the issue):

When your watch detect a new lhtr during a run and then you sync thru Garmin Connect...  Garmin is messing things up. VERY BADLY.

After that... All your data is ***.

This error it's happening since day one. On iOS and Android.

Every time some user says "I'm not having that issue"... I demonstrate he do have that bug too. I'm tired to repeat again the process. Sorry.

The only way to avoid this bug is to always sync thru Garmin Express.

As I said... Most casual users are unable to understand their data is wrong . Those casual users just see over time that the race predictions or the training status seems not accurate. But that it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Btw

I would bet that 265 and 965 will have this bug too.  Let's see the forums Slight smile

• Well said guys. I would also like to remind everyone that in his 965 review, Ray claims that "software quality is increasing thanks to open beta programs". This is obviously completely untrue, a bizzare statement completely at odds with reality.  We have dozens of examples of regressions that were reported by users during beta but ignored by Garmin when pushing out the release version.